EReze

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2003
137
0
Purgatory... I mean New Jersey
Visit site
Status
I interviewed there on Dec. 8, 2004. I am STILL waiting for word from them. Everytime I call, they say either they are till reviewing my app or the person is not sure I should be hearing something next week But next week never comes. Then I look on SDN and people who interviewed the same day I did and even later got notice within like 2 weeks. This is crazy. Over 2 months of not knowing if I was accepted, rejected, or placed on a waiting list is crazy. I think I have to write them a letter befroe I go insane.
 

Mr. E

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2004
99
0
43
California
mdapplicants.com
Status
I think it is a relfection of the schools administration, or lack of. After not hearing a word for close to 6 months I finally got a secondary/interview. My first thoughts were....Are they serious????? I am thinking of waiting another 6 months and then sending in a "no thanks" response.
 

no-see-um

Bindaas
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2004
12,727
4
Malibu!
Status
EReze said:
I interviewed there on Dec. 8, 2004. I am STILL waiting for word from them. Everytime I call, they say either they are till reviewing my app or the person is not sure I should be hearing something next week But next week never comes. Then I look on SDN and people who interviewed the same day I did and even later got notice within like 2 weeks. This is crazy. Over 2 months of not knowing if I was accepted, rejected, or placed on a waiting list is crazy. I think I have to write them a letter befroe I go insane.
I turned them down if that helps...
 

buffalomoose

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2005
33
0
Status
Mr. E said:
I think it is a relfection of the schools administration, or lack of. After not hearing a word for close to 6 months I finally got a secondary/interview. My first thoughts were....Are they serious????? I am thinking of waiting another 6 months and then sending in a "no thanks" response.
maybe they didn't feel you were competitive enough to grant an interview right away. then after seeing the applicant pool they felt that you were more competitive and gave you an interview.

i got my interview invite 7 days after my primary was submitted so i don't think they are disorganized.

Also, this is the norm with allo's too; i was complete in august at some schools and didn't get an interview invite until jan. They said 10-12 weeks before we hear back from the adcom.

just stick it out man; you'll get your decision. I know waiting is the worst part...hang in there
 

mblum151

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2005
33
0
Status
Don't stress. Their admissions office is really disorganized. I interviewed on November 18th and didn't get my acceptance letter that was dated January 13th until February 4th. I'm probably going to go there just becuase it's close to Manhattan, and it also has really good facilities. I would just be patient and call the office every week.

EReze said:
I interviewed there on Dec. 8, 2004. I am STILL waiting for word from them. Everytime I call, they say either they are till reviewing my app or the person is not sure I should be hearing something next week But next week never comes. Then I look on SDN and people who interviewed the same day I did and even later got notice within like 2 weeks. This is crazy. Over 2 months of not knowing if I was accepted, rejected, or placed on a waiting list is crazy. I think I have to write them a letter befroe I go insane.
 

irishlaydi

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2004
276
0
Maine
Status
EReze said:
I interviewed there on Dec. 8, 2004. I am STILL waiting for word from them. Everytime I call, they say either they are till reviewing my app or the person is not sure I should be hearing something next week But next week never comes. Then I look on SDN and people who interviewed the same day I did and even later got notice within like 2 weeks. This is crazy. Over 2 months of not knowing if I was accepted, rejected, or placed on a waiting list is crazy. I think I have to write them a letter befroe I go insane.
Hi. sorry they have made you wait so long! this process is so stressful. If you are really interested in NYCOM then I would say write a letter of interest/intent. Just say maybe what you like about the school, how much/why you want to go to NYCOM, etc... it might make them answer faster if they know you really want to go there. just an idea. goodluck. :luck:
 

dr.z

15+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2004
4,096
4
Detroit, MI
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Mr. E said:
I think it is a relfection of the schools administration, or lack of. After not hearing a word for close to 6 months I finally got a secondary/interview. My first thoughts were....Are they serious????? I am thinking of waiting another 6 months and then sending in a "no thanks" response.
I still haven't heard anything from them. My files has been there since July. I know that they were taking in-state applicants first.
 

robo77

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2004
100
0
Status
NYCOM has great facilities? Could you please describe me to see some of those because when I visited the campus I saw a tiny dark library and a tiny dark gym and anatomy lab that stinks like hell. well, the omm lab was ok, but what else? compared to some other schools, NYCOM's facilities absolutely suck, especially when you consider the fact that there are sooo many students there per incoming class.

mblum151 said:
Don't stress. Their admissions office is really disorganized. I interviewed on November 18th and didn't get my acceptance letter that was dated January 13th until February 4th. I'm probably going to go there just becuase it's close to Manhattan, and it also has really good facilities. I would just be patient and call the office every week.
 

Wdup

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2004
13
0
Status
NYCOM offered me an interview 2 weeks ago, and I rejected it. Now is kinda late interview, so .. eh. I got western tho so maybe that's kinda cool.
 

hotlikebutter

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2004
173
0
Status
i dont know how good NYCOM is good as a school, but being so late in the interview process compared to the rest of the schools really waved red flags for me. i have finished interviewing and been accepted months ago. I have decided on COMP. Given all the reports on how slow NYCOM is at getting back post interview, i cant stand to wait another few months for this outcome. Im gonna reject their offer to interview. COMP is what im gonna stick with. it feels good to be done with this application process!

im sure NYCOM is an awesome place to be, but it still doesnt warrant this huge lag in the applications process. Im sure they have lost many great applicants for this delay.
 

anars28

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2003
31
0
Visit site
Status
dr.z said:
I still haven't heard anything from them. My files has been there since July. I know that they were taking in-state applicants first.

My file has been complete since early November. When I call they always say my file is under review. :confused:
I have sent in my deposit to another school, but really do want to attend NYCOM. At this point, I am beginning to lose hope!! :(
Any suggestions?!?
 

DrBeanie

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2004
82
0
Status
Did you receive an interview at NYCOM? I submitted my primary application and then received an interview 5 days later. Trust me, my 23 MCAT didn't help... maybe it was that I'm from NY? I'm hoping they don't take too long to get back to me after my interview coming up this Wednesday.
 

anars28

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2003
31
0
Visit site
Status
DrBeanie said:
Did you receive an interview at NYCOM? I submitted my primary application and then received an interview 5 days later. Trust me, my 23 MCAT didn't help... maybe it was that I'm from NY? I'm hoping they don't take too long to get back to me after my interview coming up this Wednesday.
No, I have not received an interview invite. Maybe I should write a letter of interest, even though it probably won't help at this late in the game.
Good luck with your interview DrBeanie!!!!