NYCOM Match 2000

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

turtleboard

SDN Advisor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If anyone wants information on how the NYCOM Class of 2000 did in the 2000 Match (DO and MD), send me an email. I have the PDF file, but can't seem to figure out how to post it.

------------------
Tim Wu.

Members don't see this ad.

Turtleboard,

can you cut and paste it?? I'm sure people here would love to see where they matched.

I'm a little reluctant to do that because there are names included on this list. Distributing it privately is one thing, but to place the whole list on a public board is another issue entirely.
smile.gif

I'll send you the PDF file. Just email me.

------------------
Tim Wu.

Members don't see this ad :)
to mr. tim wu:

nycom's 2000 match list that you're distributing is less than 50% complete. more than have the class is listed as choosing to enter transitional year internships (which is probably more of a result of politics than personal choice) and the 2000 match list doesn't include the following residency positions obtained. the "OI" (osteopathic internships) are still completed at the same ~15 nycomec hospitals (with two new hospitals, i believe) that nycom students complete their "OI" training every year.

there are in fact approx. 25% of students who immediately enter allopathic residency positions (with ob/gyn, anesthesiology, radiology, etc.) that have disregarded the "OI" training, but the number of nycom graduates pursuing and being accepted to allopathic residencies amounts to approx. 67%--by taking into account those students that enter allopathic residencies following their "OI" years also.

i suggest that you get the 1999 match list that better demonstrates the nycom match in its entirety; granted it's 2 years old, but it's more complete than what you're offering.

by the way, where can i find suny-brooklyn's most recent match list? please e-mail me if you have that information.

I'm not sure how the osteopathic match works, but in the alloopathic match, yes, students often know where they're headed after a prelim or transitional program. Unfortunately the 2000 Match List I have is the FIRST EVER I've seen from NYCOM. When I was admitted in Fall 1998, I called them to ask if one was available and they told me, "No."

If you can find the 1999 list, that'd be cool. I wasn't too crazy about the lack of completeness of the 2000 list, but it's better than nothing.

Going into an OI is usually a matter of choice, but can be a combination of choice and politics. I'm not sure what the osteopathic climate is at NYCOM, but as most DO students know, without an OI you can't get licensure in five states, serve on the faculty of a DO school, or be admitted to the AOA as a higher-up person.

That sucks.

It'd be nice to see where, if at all, NYCOM studnets are doing things like Radiology, Anesthesiology, or even Derm.

SUNY Downstate (www.downstate.edu) has the 1996-2000 Matches at the Office of Admssions homepage. I'm not sure if the 2001 Match has been put up, but on preliminary inspection, it looks a lot like the 2000 Match, but with a lot more people going into EM.

------------------
Tim Wu.