NYCOM - Medprep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MAK86

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys....
I just got my medprep letter from nycom today. So who is going there?

Members don't see this ad.

I forgot to ask one thing to those who know about medprep. If someone passes this prog, is it definite that he or she would get into school? What is the probability of getting in? and also where do they live and eat for a month?

so many views and no reply...
Can someone please tell me about their experience after attending nycom's med prep prog.
I would really appreciate that

Members don't see this ad :)
In terms of living, I think it is just like school you need to find your own place to live. If you pass I believe they all are accepted. I think it is looked at as an acceptance with the condition of passing med-prep.

Many people don't know about medprep program because the program is limited to very few students each year.
I personally have a friend who went through the program and told me that it is a great program. It is a very intense program where you learned some part of med school (2nd's year?) curriculum for a month. It is the best way to spend a month preparing for med school. Besides, you get to know the professors and lot of networking opportunities. According to my friend, the program is tough, but almost everyone make it, so no worries.
Good luck!! :luck:

Anyone elso know about this program in detail?
Thanks to all who have replied.
I would really like to hear from somebody who has actually attended this program.

how does one get into the med prep program? Do you have to apply or they offer it to you after you interview or apply.

No, you can't apply to this prog. It is something that the admission committe does. They pick certain number of people who don't get the admission after their interviews but they applicants appear to be capable of doing well in the med school.

i just got recieved a med prep letter as well. if we got the letter i assume that means we r in. we don't hve to reapply for the program right

i just got recieved a med prep letter as well. if we got the letter i assume that means we r in. we don't hve to reapply for the program right

you don't have to reapply to nycom but you have to pass medprep. it's more of a conditional acceptance, but pretty much everyone who goes through medprep ends up passing. congrats!

You Get The Acceptance Letter, If You Choose To You Pay To Stay On Campus Near The School, You Do The 6-8 Week Program And You Pass And You Get In......any Other Questions?

Yes I Did The Program....yes I Got In...yes It Is Intensive...yes Im Glad I Did It

if you dont pass the program you dont get in

What up medpreppers. It starts tomorrow. Everyone ready? I'm definatley ready to prove myself and work hard. Good luck and PM me if you're in the program.

What up medpreppers. It starts tomorrow. Everyone ready? I'm definatley ready to prove myself and work hard. Good luck and PM me if you're in the program.

good luck!

that must be why our last exam of the year is in the old auditorium :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
good luck!

that must be why our last exam of the year is in the old auditorium :laugh:

Aww crap, where are we going to practice OMM after the test then! :thumbdown:

I guess the cafeteria will be OMM central for a while

Aww crap, where are we going to practice OMM after the test then! :thumbdown:

I guess the cafeteria will be OMM central for a while

Why not study in the workshop?

Why not study in the workshop?

Too crowded on OMM practical days. :laugh: A bunch of us have been using the lecture halls for OMM practice... those desks are a good height for most techniques :thumbup:

You Get The Acceptance Letter, If You Choose To You Pay To Stay On Campus Near The School, You Do The 6-8 Week Program And You Pass And You Get In......any Other Questions?

Yes I Did The Program....yes I Got In...yes It Is Intensive...yes Im Glad I Did It

question: i had my interview and then they sent me the medprep letter offering me the "opportunity to apply" to the program. does that mean I've been accepted to the medprep program??? Or do I know have to compete with a 2nd batch of kids to get into it? I mean the application just asks for my name and address and basic stuff like that...no essays or anything.

Hey just curious if anyone who is going through med-prep this summer has recieved anything through the mail?
Thanks!!

do u know if nycom is offering medprep this cycle?

you don't have to reapply to nycom but you have to pass medprep. it's more of a conditional acceptance, but pretty much everyone who goes through medprep ends up passing. congrats!

Too crowded on OMM practical days. :laugh: A bunch of us have been using the lecture halls for OMM practice... those desks are a good height for most techniques :thumbup:

From what I've heard (not entirely sure), the medprep program was dismissed. I heard about the program years ago but haven't seen it this year on their website. I would call the admissions and ask to double check.