NYCOM New Yorker Preference

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrBeanie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:laugh: Perhaps someone can explain this...

I called NYCOM and asked if they give preference to NYers. They said they give preference when granting the interview, not after it.

Yet, when crunching the stats of number of New Yorkers with interviews and number of New Yorkers accepted, it appears that it's nearly 75%! Is that a 75% preference toward New Yorkers?

Does anyone know if NYCOM really does give a great deal of preference? Anyone with an interesting story?

Curious. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

DrBeanie said:
:laugh: Perhaps someone can explain this...

I called NYCOM and asked if they give preference to NYers. They said they give preference when granting the interview, not after it.

Yet, when crunching the stats of number of New Yorkers with interviews and number of New Yorkers accepted, it appears that it's nearly 75%! Is that a 75% preference toward New Yorkers?

Does anyone know if NYCOM really does give a great deal of preference? Anyone with an interesting story?

Curious. Thanks!

I believe its true. Sorry I don't have any interesting story to tell you though. Looking at numbers from U.S. News, it does seem they prefer NY residents. I live on the west coast, and I haven't heard anything from them since August.

:thumbup: I am pleased to present a story that breaks the mold...I am from Boston and I interviewed on Jan 13th and my acceptance letter was dated the 26th! Additionally, at my interview there were people from PA, NJ, and FL as well as NYers. You still have a good shot. Write a letter of interest, it can only add to your file. Hope this letter boosts your spirits.

dr.z said:
I believe its true. Sorry I don't have any interesting story to tell you though. Looking at numbers from U.S. News, it does seem they prefer NY residents. I live on the west coast, and I haven't heard anything from them since August.

Hey,

I live in NY and haven't heard anything from them since August. I don't know why they are dragging their feet.