NYCOM or UNECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mike2010

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Whats up,

I have acceptances to both of these school and I was trying to figure out which is better. What do you guys think. I am leaning toward NYCOM. The only disadvantage I can see is the enourmous class side (as far as med schools go), but this doesn't bother me that much. Also, I sent my initial depsoit to UNECOM two weeks late yesterday taking a gamble that I would get in somewhere else (luckily it paid off) so Im not even sure if they will accept it. That will make this a much easier decision if they show me no love. Also, if I really am set on NYCOM which i think I am I can stop payment on the Check to UNECOM. I guess what I am really trying to say is what are other people's percieved pros and cons (i have my own already drawn up)regarding these two schools. Any input would be appreciated. I am also Waitlisted at UMDNJ-SOM which is my top choice. Thanks for any opinions anyone can give. Have a good New year. all the best.

Members don't see this ad.

Mike2010 said:
Whats up,

I have acceptances to both of these school and I was trying to figure out which is better. What do you guys think. I am leaning toward NYCOM. The only disadvantage I can see is the enourmous class side (as far as med schools go), but this doesn't bother me that much. Also, I sent my initial depsoit to UNECOM two weeks late yesterday taking a gamble that I would get in somewhere else (luckily it paid off) so Im not even sure if they will accept it. That will make this a much easier decision if they show me no love. Also, if I really am set on NYCOM which i think I am I can stop payment on the Check to UNECOM. I guess what I am really trying to say is what are other people's percieved pros and cons (i have my own already drawn up)regarding these two schools. Any input would be appreciated. I am also Waitlisted at UMDNJ-SOM which is my top choice. Thanks for any opinions anyone can give. Have a good New year. all the best.

I just found out I got into NYCOM. This is the only school that has offered me an interview so far and I have received rejections from other schools

Mike2010 said:
Whats up,

I applied allopathic, so I don't know too much about osteopathic schools. There is a rumor, however, that UNECOM students are having a difficult time passing their boards. The other thing to consider is the clinical training. I don't know how great UNE clinical sites are, but if you get to train in NYC at NYCOM, then that may provide you better training. It sounds like your heart is set on NYCOM, so I'd follow your gut. Try to cancel the check at UNE and withdraw your application immediately.