Nycom, Pcom, NJCOM, Nova interviews ????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skiiboy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure whether or not to be concerned as of yet. I see constant threads in this forum of students who have received interview invites and/or acceptances from schools already! My gpa was a 3.4 and my mcat scores from the August exam was 28. I had not taken the mcat prior to this. I have only applied to osteopathic schools and have no interest in attending any MD schools. I have not received even on invite for an interview yet! My guess is that most of these people who are announcing invites and acceptances took the April Mcat. I just would like some reassurance of this. Are there any August mcat takers who have received interview invites from either Nycom, Pcom, NJcom, Nova or the school in main (lol I forget the name). All your help is appreciated. :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Calm down all is well. NYCOM has not started interviewing yet but should begin soon. UMDNJ is slow but steady and I had taken the April MCAT and applied as early as possible, but they have a long interview season so don't worry too much. PCOM has only just started interviewing people (they had some staff problems AFAIK) and so far have only interviewed PA residents. As for NSU, they did start interviewing early this year and have accepted a lot of people early; again, I was interviewed in August and took the April MCAT. I am sure once people start choosing schools and having to pay the deposit (December) that they will interview more so although the August MCAT hurt you here I don't think you should be worried yet. The school in Maine is called UNE and it is a great school also. I think you are being paranoid, yes the August MCAT is slowing you down but no, you are not out of the running. Just have patience and good luck!
~Nate

skiiboy said:
I'm not sure whether or not to be concerned as of yet. I see constant threads in this forum of students who have received interview invites and/or acceptances from schools already! My gpa was a 3.4 and my mcat scores from the August exam was 28. I had not taken the mcat prior to this. I have only applied to osteopathic schools and have no interest in attending any MD schools. I have not received even on invite for an interview yet! My guess is that most of these people who are announcing invites and acceptances took the April Mcat. I just would like some reassurance of this. Are there any August mcat takers who have received interview invites from either Nycom, Pcom, NJcom, Nova or the school in main (lol I forget the name). All your help is appreciated. :cool:

I believe most people with interview/acceptances already did take the April MCAT. I would not worry too much right now because PCOM and NYCOM have started late and I'm sure the other schools are just now reviewing the second wave of applications. Your numbers look good, so I would say to be patient and optimistic,..I know the waiting game is horrible but hang there. GOOD LUCK!!