DrBeanie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2004
Status
I interviewed at NYCOM with a 23 MCAT and a 4.0 science and 3.98 non-science GPA.

I think the interview went well. He didn't ask about my scores, why I wanted to be a physician or a D.O! Just asked about a few of my e.c's and what difference one would see in a D.O. and an M.D. None of the questions were hard pressed or difficult. He actually commented that I seem like a bright and friendly young woman.

My questions to you all are...

How long does NYCOM take to get back to you?
Does anyone have any opinions about my chances of getting in?
Any opinions about NYCOM itself?

Best of luck to everyone!

Ajooba10

10+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2005
Status
Hi, I interviewed on January 19 and heard from NYCOM within 3 weeks. Don't worry, you did well, you have a great average, and the interviewer gave you a compliment, they'd be crazy not to accept you. :thumbup: Goodluck.

OP
D

DrBeanie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2004
Status
Thanks for the compliment, hun! Are you attending NYCOM in the Fall?

OP
D

DrBeanie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2004
Status
My mistake! I didn't see the NYCOM '09 banner below your post.

I hope to see you there in the Fall. Were you accepted anywhere else? Are you from NY?

FutureFemmeDoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2004
Status
Hey Dr. Beanie! I interviewed at NYCOM early December and it took them ~6 weeks to get back to me with my acceptance news!! I must hold the record for waiting for a decision for so long.... Usually, people hear back a lot sooner. If you call the admissions, they will give you an idea what your status is. I am a NY resident- it helps if you are. It sounds like your interview went well. There is a 90% chance I will be attending NYCOM in the fall. I really like the fact that NYCOM is affiliated with so many hospitals. I hope you get in and to see you in the fall!! Good luck! :luck:

Doc2B-Finally

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2004
Status
DrBeanie said:
I interviewed at NYCOM with a 23 MCAT and a 4.0 science and 3.98 non-science GPA.

I think the interview went well. He didn't ask about my scores, why I wanted to be a physician or a D.O! Just asked about a few of my e.c's and what difference one would see in a D.O. and an M.D. None of the questions were hard pressed or difficult. He actually commented that I seem like a bright and friendly young woman.

My questions to you all are...

How long does NYCOM take to get back to you?
Does anyone have any opinions about my chances of getting in?
Any opinions about NYCOM itself?

Best of luck to everyone!
In my case, I heard from them 6 weeks later. Probably because it was early in the game. Hopefully you will hear sooner than later. Sounds like you did fine. Hang in there for few more weeks. Good luck. See you there in Fall 2005.