NYCOM Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

U4iA

εὐφορία
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! I have a couple questions for current students at NYCOM.

1. What is the grading system at NYCOM?
2. What do you think are the best aspects of NYCOM?
3. How are third and forth years structured?

I have my interview here on Wednesday. It's my first one and I?m a little nervous. I would love to attend the school, but it can be hard for me to articulate why. Advice would be appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

I also have an interview wednesday! I would appreciate answers to these also, as I'm struggling with expressing exactly why I would choose NYCOM over other schools.

1. What is the grading system at NYCOM?

-P/F/HP/H (but really there is no HP, because even if you get it only a P goes on your transcript.)

2. What do you think are the best aspects of NYCOM?

-Rotations, Solid Faculty, NYCOM's reputation, good atmosphere. Oh and I think they are pretty proud of the NTI department (new technologies initiative) they really like incorporating new technology when ever possible.

3. How are third and forth years structured?

-I'm nt sure what do you mean exactly. We do our core rotations 3rd year then we pretty much have all electives 4th year. Not exactly sure what is required 4th year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where do most NYCOM students live? Average rent?

Cowboy -
Thanks for the quick reply! I'm leaving soon to fly out for the interview - glad I heard back from a current student

at my interview they gave the financial aid speech. and the way they were talking, the only money you can get to pay for school is through loans. is there any way to get some free money there, or is it all need-based, b/c according to everyone i dont NEED money.

has anyone looked into any outside sources for scholarships or grants? i dont even know where to begin, can someone point me in the right direction?

disclaimer to SLICKNESS - please dont yell at me for jumping the gun! im curious! :)

Originally posted by Chrisobean
disclaimer to SLICKNESS - please dont yell at me for jumping the gun! im curious! :)
Chrisobean, I don't think you should jump the gun. :laugh: Just kiddin...