NYCOM QUestions!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crave888

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone!!!

From other threads, I've gotten to know what the 1st yr schedule is like at NYCOM (so giddy :) and excited!!)
but here are some questions I'm hoping someone will answer:
-how's the gym?? lots of treadmills?
-I completely forgot what the lib is like, so if someone can just refresh my poor memory. Is there always room to study there or does it get crazy packed during the week?

Members don't see this ad.

hey everyone!!!

From other threads, I've gotten to know what the 1st yr schedule is like at NYCOM (so giddy :) and excited!!)
but here are some questions I'm hoping someone will answer:
-how's the gym?? lots of treadmills?
-I completely forgot what the lib is like, so if someone can just refresh my poor memory. Is there always room to study there or does it get crazy packed during the week?

They are remodeling the gym,but currently there is a gym at NYIT across the parking lot that has I think 2 treadmills, 2 bikes, and 2 crostrainers. Not exact but something like this. There is also an outdoor track there that they just rebuilt.

I'm always able to find a cubicle when I go to the library. library is 3 floors Floor 1=books, floor 2=periodicals, floor 3 mostly study area. floors 1 and 2 have study space also.

There is a study room in NYCOM II building with study rooms and cubicles.

I'm not sure how it is around exam time since I study from home during exam time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys I had interview yesterday (NYCOM) very weird...looks like guy did not really paid attention what I was telling to him...I felt like he was in hurry.
He asked if I got to any other places yet,about my MCAT and GPA and what schools I applied in addition to NYCOM. He asked me if I really want to go there I said yes because i am from glen cove LI...Interview lasted like 15 min ... i have weird feeling after that. Anybody had the same guy? He had sunglasses on.

Hey guys I had interview yesterday (NYCOM) very weird...looks like guy did not really paid attention what I was telling to him...I felt like he was in hurry.
He asked if I got to any other places yet,about my MCAT and GPA and what schools I applied in addition to NYCOM. He asked me if I really want to go there I said yes because i am from glen cove LI...Interview lasted like 15 min ... i have weird feeling after that. Anybody had the same guy? He had sunglasses on.

LOL! That answers my question from the other thread. I told you it was weird!:laugh: I don't remember who I had, but everyone from the day I interviewed thought it was a bit weird too. They are New Yorkers. New Yorkers are always in a rush. :D So, don't take it personally and worry about it. They have a lot of spots to fill and lots of people are getting the same interviewer. Good luck!:luck:

Thank you Dr. Mom,

I know the name of the guy. I am planning to send a thank you letter to him and update admissions with my current grades.

By the way NYCOM impressed me, I hope I impressed them enough to accept me...:) ( Guy did not do any notes about me...maybe after I left he did ) well I am going to wait........

Thank you Dr. Mom,

I know the name of the guy. I am planning to send a thank you letter to him and update admissions with my current grades.

By the way NYCOM impressed me, I hope I impressed them enough to accept me...:) ( Guy did not do any notes about me...maybe after I left he did ) well I am going to wait........

I did not interview with him, but I left with a strange feeling as well because the interview was so short - it felt rushed. I was really worried about it but got an acceptance two weeks later. Hang in there...I think a lot of people felt similar feelings good luck! Maybe I will see you there in the fall.
:D

Taty I had the same guy and I feel the same exact way you do. I was second to last to go and I think i was in there for like 8 minutes. I felt I did fine answering the questions but it seemed like he just wanted to get the hell out of there. Anyway dont worry...there's nothing you could have done better in the interview, it wasn't your fault he only asked those few questions

I had the same vibe during my interview. He rattled off question after question without looking me in the eye - only jotting down notes after each of my answers. It lasted all of maybe 20 minutes. He finally started making eye contact when I mentioned that I was interested in continuing research during medical school - and that was because he ran a lab.

It really felt like he didn't want to be there.

I had the same vibe during my interview. He rattled off question after question without looking me in the eye - only jotting down notes after each of my answers. It lasted all of maybe 20 minutes. He finally started making eye contact when I mentioned that I was interested in continuing research during medical school - and that was because he ran a lab.

It really felt like he didn't want to be there.

Yep.Same here.

Hey guys. I have a question for everyone. I applied late in the cycle because my MCAT scores were kind of low and didn't know if I should give it a shot not or not. I'm from Long Island and NYCOM is defnitely a top choice for me. I received a letter from then Mid - December saying they received my AACOM application and that they choose interviews off this application. How long did it take for them to notify you about whether or not you were selected for an interview or not? I haven't heard anything back yet and I know they were on holiday break but I'm just wondering how long I should wait until I should really start to get worried. Please let me know when you get a chance. Thanks!

It took them a while to send me an invite for interview. My file was complete in middle October but I didn't get a letter from them until the middle of December.

LOL! That answers my question from the other thread. I told you it was weird!:laugh: I don't remember who I had, but everyone from the day I interviewed thought it was a bit weird too. They are New Yorkers. New Yorkers are always in a rush. :D So, don't take it personally and worry about it. They have a lot of spots to fill and lots of people are getting the same interviewer. Good luck!:luck:

Hey, not all new yorkers are in a rush... LOL! ;)

But I do think that an interviewer rushing like that is quite annoying. It throws you off as an applicant big time. Hopefully all you guys who had that interview came out with good results in the long run despite the rushed interviewer.

Anybody had the same guy? He had sunglasses on.

Hahaha!!! I see you met Dr. Torres! He always wears sunglasses. He is one of our favorite professors at NYCOM. I'm sure you did fine if you had him.

Yep!! I am actually in:)