NYCOM rejection letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rimon7381

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Does NYCOM send rejection letter? I was just wondering because my file has been complete since January and still haven't heard anything from them.

Can anyone please tell me?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Did you have an interview or are you just complete? What are your stats?

Well I applied to NYCOM last interview season and I never received any type of letter from them even after the interviews were completed. One person actually got an interview and never got a rejection letter nor an acceptance letter. Now what does that tell you. I woulld say, don't hold your breath...they really need to get it together.

Members don't see this ad :)
I too applied last app cycle and I never heard a word from them other than early on to say that they received my primary. Then, I think it was late October or early November, I got a rejection letter. I was like DUH! :mad:

Hmm.......I guess if I don't hear anything from NYCOM by June......I could say it's a rejection. My file has been complete since January (they sent me a letter saying that)......but nothing after that ( no interview).....no rejection...nothing.

For theDr. : my stats are as follows:

Major: Biochem
cum GPA: 3.4
Sci GPA: 3.3
MCAT: below avg. (ughhh)

I don't know wut's going on with NYCOM, with similar stats and avg MCAT(except my MCAT) people from my school get into NYCOM all the time. The only thing that would keep me out would be the STUPID MCAT.

Although I was interviewed at LECOM, but got rejected because of the STUPID MCAT (they were afraid I might not pass the COMLEX)

Oh well, if I don't hear anything from NYCOM (my last hope) I'll just go to
Saba University in Netherlands-Antilles and just get my MD.

There are some things to ask here:

1) did you get a letter saying that they had reviewed your file, you looked good, and they wanted you to *schedule* an interview, fill out and bring with you the secondary form, send in your LORs, and come for your interview?

2) am I understanding it correctly that you received a letter saying your file was "complete"... meaning that you had sent them all your LORs and they had received your ACCOMAS information, and they were waiting for you to schedule your interview?

If you have that letter, it'd be good to re-read it because the process is: AACOMAS --> NYCOM --> review and if you "look good" --> letter to you with directions to call and schedule interview, fill out secondaries and send in LORs. Although, it seems from other posts that there are exceptions to this "rule."

hey there,
how low was your mcat if you don't mind me asking -- why didn't you take it over? was it below a 24 -- which is average...pm me if youd like.

... i applied to nycom last application cycle year and never recieved a rejection letter or any correspondence for that matter... apparently to them... no news mean no acceptance...

Yeah NYCOM is weird. They took FOREVER to recognize my primary, then just sent an ambiguous letter saying my file was being reviewed. Why don't they just say "you're not being considered anymore" or send a secondary?

weird, they offered me an interview like a week after they got my app. and i got the interview letter before the letter saying i was complete.