NYCOM students stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

billydoc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys!
I'm applying for 2007, and NYCOM is my #1 choice. I'm nontrad,lots of real clinical exp as an RN, also M.S. + license in Acupuncture.
I haven'taken the MCAT yet (shooting for August), and a bunch of science courses needs to be re-taken (I think),because it's from foreign med school 20 yrs ago.
I just wanted to know if som of the accepted students could post their stats to see if I could stand the chance. I've been accepted to ROSS (in 2004 before MCAT),SABA, and St.Matthews in the Carib without a squeek. But really want to try U.S route. D.O is actually my choice. Any relevant info is greatly appreciated.

TIA :)

Members don't see this ad.

billydoc said:
Hi Guys!
I'm applying for 2007, and NYCOM is my #1 choice. I'm nontrad,lots of real clinical exp as an RN, also M.S. + license in Acupuncture.
I haven'taken the MCAT yet (shooting for August), and a bunch of science courses needs to be re-taken (I think),because it's from foreign med school 20 yrs ago.
I just wanted to know if som of the accepted students could post their stats to see if I could stand the chance. I've been accepted to ROSS (in 2004 before MCAT),SABA, and St.Matthews in the Carib without a squeek. But really want to try U.S route. D.O is actually my choice. Any relevant info is greatly appreciated.

Hey billy,

Good luck! Me:
27 R
3.06 sci
3.3 cum
All the typical EC and LOR stuff
Interviewed Jan 17th, heard back about a month later.

I think your experience will give you an edge.

Members don't see this ad :)
billydoc said:
Hi Guys!

27 mcat
3.4 cum gpa
3.2 sci
and an RN like yourself!
Best of luck!

29R
3.37 Cum
3.28 Sci

I wish you well.

28Q
3.95 Sci GPA
3.90 Overall

3.2 cum
3.4 BCPM
37 MCAT

accepted today

3.6 Bcmp
3.2 Gpa

25M
3.48 Cum
3.49 Sci

27M
3.6 Sci
3.56 Overall

Wow!
I could only hope to do as well as you did. I finnd MCAT material to be a lot harder than med school material (judging by 2 semesters I spent at ROSS).
But it's all do-able. I'm not leaving my family to go to some G-d forsaken place, even though it's otherwise a viable option.

Thank You All!
Best of Luck to all of you on this looooooooong journey. :)

27T
3.42 cum
3.50 sci

interviewed early march, heard back a little over a week later