NYCOM Vs. UNECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sfrduder

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not really sure how to choose between the two schools. Both seem to have there good and bad points.

However, it seems that a lot of people on this board are choosing NYCOM as their first choice? I was wondering how some of you making the decision, or what are the factors attracting you to either school.

Thanks for help.

Members don't see this ad.

I chose UNECOM over NYCOM because of the smaller class size at UNE. I liked the more intense anatomy program and the chance to study under Dr. Willard (2nd year systems and TAPP section of GA) here in ME as well. I also liked the location better here in ME (a little biased on the last point there). That said, go where you will be happy because your medical education is what you make of it! :luck:

mcandy said:
I chose UNECOM over NYCOM because of the smaller class size at UNE. I liked the more intense anatomy program and the chance to study under Dr. Willard (2nd year systems and TAPP section of GA) here in ME as well. I also liked the location better here in ME (a little biased on the last point there). That said, go where you will be happy because your medical education is what you make of it! :luck:

double post

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with MCANDY, UNECOM was my choice for the reasons he stated and also the class size. UNECOM has a nice manageable class size and I have heard NYCOM's is getting a little big. Also I like that anatoym is heavily integrated . Other things include early and often clinical exposure and fresh tissue expereince ( suturing and things like tha ton fresh tissue as early as first year!) anyhow if you have any more questions please feel free to email me at [email protected].

Janelle

i have only 6 letters for you....

UNECOM
UNECOM
UNECOM

:) haha just kidding!

:laugh:

jmarra03 said:
I agree with MCANDY, UNECOM was my choice for the reasons he stated and also the class size. UNECOM has a nice manageable class size and I have heard NYCOM's is getting a little big. Also I like that anatoym is heavily integrated . Other things include early and often clinical exposure and fresh tissue expereince ( suturing and things like tha ton fresh tissue as early as first year!) anyhow if you have any more questions please feel free to email me at [email protected].

Janelle

In my opinion, you should go where you will be happy. Both are great school and you will get solid educaiton at either school.
Good luck.