NYCOM Waiting list????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Timbo0984

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was interviewed and never heard back. Anyone here rejected or waitlisted, or was everyone interviewed...accepted? Please let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

When did you interview. I was told by the director of admissions that if they decided to waitlist you, you would not get a letter at all. The only letters coming out would be acceptance or rejection.

wowsers thats kinda wrong not to send out a waitlist letter, but i interviewed recently and they said that they would let us know within 3-4 wks so y don't u give them a call an see

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea, i interviewed last month so i guess, i mean towards the end of my third week, in terms of the 3-4 week wait period. For now I will tough it out...has any heard of some being interviewed at NYCOM and then being rejected? Someone told me that NYCOM usually grants interviews in the beginning as a formality, and truly only ways it heavily towards the end of the application process when they want to interview applicants that are on the border. What do you think?

For those of you that interviewed, do you mind telling me when you were complete? I was complete in early November and still haven't heard.

Thanks!

So.....so far no one here was interviewed and then rejected or knows of someone who was recently interviewed and then rejected? Is that correct? Are we seeing a pattern here?

There has been at most 2 adcom meetings so I would not call that a definitive pattern. Those that were rejected are probably less likely to post.

Timbo0984 said:
So.....so far no one here was interviewed and then rejected or knows of someone who was recently interviewed and then rejected? Is that correct? Are we seeing a pattern here?

Timbo0984 said:
Yea, i interviewed last month so i guess, i mean towards the end of my third week, in terms of the 3-4 week wait period. For now I will tough it out...has any heard of some being interviewed at NYCOM and then being rejected? Someone told me that NYCOM usually grants interviews in the beginning as a formality, and truly only ways it heavily towards the end of the application process when they want to interview applicants that are on the border. What do you think?

I heard this too. I interviewed Nov 30, which was thd 2nd day of interviews, and got my acceptance Dec 24 (nice xmas present). Plus they were closed the whole week after xmas, so it might be a little. I had my app completed in early august, but a girl i interviewed with had just finished hers 2 weeks before, so I don't think there is a pattern to that.

My recs didn't get in till mid-Nov, but my application was submitted at the end of August

So lets do this, lets ask around and see if to date we can find someone interviewed and rejected. Obviously no one would come forward and post bc its nothing to brag about but lets see what we can dig up. Get to work....operation cracking admission strategy now in progress.

The adcom was supposed to meet in the last 5 days so lets see what comes up in the next 2 weeks. If the admmissions people says that they don't send out rejection letters then I beleive them. I have seen many posts about people who interviewed at NYCOM and never heard back and spoke to some people I know personally that this happened to.

:luck:

Timbo0984 said:
So lets do this, lets ask around and see if to date we can find someone interviewed and rejected. Obviously no one would come forward and post bc its nothing to brag about but lets see what we can dig up. Get to work....operation cracking admission strategy now in progress.

this waiting sux. buti do know htat the student who gave us the tour said dont be afraid to call and they should defin review iwthin 3-4 weeks. she said at lest if you call they will pull your file to check and then it would be on top. so i'm gonna call in a week if i don't hear and i interviewed 1/5.
there is no penalty for calling !!!

I'm not so sure about this. LOL! Good luck!!

:smuggrin:

eanisis78 said:
this waiting sux. buti do know htat the student who gave us the tour said dont be afraid to call and they should defin review iwthin 3-4 weeks. she said at lest if you call they will pull your file to check and then it would be on top. so i'm gonna call in a week if i don't hear and i interviewed 1/5.
there is no penalty for calling !!!

i interviewed this past wed. she told us that the adcom is meeting this week and that we'd hear back 3-4 weeks. i go the interview without my LORs and found out that they didn't have them when i got there. my interviewer didn't have my most recent mcat score and he didn't look at my file before i walked in.

nvshelat said:
For those of you that interviewed, do you mind telling me when you were complete? I was complete in early November and still haven't heard.

Thanks!

Hello,
I was complete in October or so I thought...I call them two weeks ago, and the person was rude saying that they get over 3000 applicants and if they checked on apps for everyone that called and so on....

But she checked on my app only to say that I am missing my recs and advising packet....luckily i had the ups tracking showing that someone signed for my stuff, then I call back a few days later to check up and they said that they do have my recs...and that they will note that i am still interested .....so basicaly i am screwed...i had a complete app in oct...and now i don't know....

they are kind of rude and not that helpful....has anyone else had any problems....

sorry so long...just venting

You are not screwed. They have only had 1-3 rounds of acceptances so far and generally still accept people in April.

There seems to be one particular person in the NYCOM office that tries to brush people off and the others are friendly. If you ever get the brush off just try to call back the next day as you did.

In person they were extremely nice so I'm unsure who this person is.

If NYCOM is a top choice you probably want to call back in 2-3 weeks if you get nothing in the mail.

mazimi said:
they will note that i am still interested .....so basicaly i am screwed...i had a complete app in oct...and now i don't know....

they are kind of rude and not that helpful....has anyone else had any problems....

sorry so long...just venting