Nycom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GlideE

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have an interview scheduled for next week? I have mine on Tuesday

Members don't see this ad.

Hi

I have question for fellow applicants ... Is it mandatory to have a LOR from NYCOM???? I have LOR from MD that i worked with for about 3 yrs. Please respond...Thank You

persistant-- you wrote "is it mandatory to have a LOR from nycom".

do you mean a DO letter? they recommend it, but not needed. hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
persistant-- you wrote "is it mandatory to have a LOR from nycom".

do you mean a DO letter? they recommend it, but not needed. hope this helps.

yes i meant DO letter...But thanxx for replying so quick....Thank You...Would u happen to know if the class still has more space?

yes i meant DO letter...But thanxx for replying so quick....Thank You...Would u happen to know if the class still has more space?

Got in, no DO letter.

do you happen to know how many spots are left approx?

i understand that they started looking at out of state applicants.
I am just worried because i am still IN-state

do you happen to know how many spots are left approx?

i understand that they started looking at out of state applicants.
I am just worried because i am still IN-state

what are your stats and how long ago did you apply? Did you get an interview invite?

what are your stats and how long ago did you apply? Did you get an interview invite?

Hey these r my stats..i would appreciate ur opinion

Undergrad GPA 3.1
Grad GPA 4.0 w/ 2 med school classes
MCAT 30 B 11, P 9, V 10

Major clinical exp: over 3 yrs in ER (paid job)

Research: Undergrad and Grad

Let me know wat u think...and i do have an interview next week

Undergrad GPA 3.1
MCAT 30 B 11, P 9, V 10

Honestly I can not imagine you not being accepted. The 3.1 is a bit low but you have the 4.0 grad w/ 2 med school classes, which proves you can do med school work. How many other grad courses does it involve? And your MCAT score is awesome and so is your research. Did you apply late because i'm surprised you weren't interviewed earlier and already accepted. But what do i know since I didn't even apply this cycle, but i did go to the NYCOM open house in Nov.:D

Undergrad GPA 3.1
MCAT 30 B 11, P 9, V 10

NYCOM likes high MCAT scores. I got in with similar stats. Your upward trend, research, ER experience and MCAT score are things NYCOM likes. :luck:

I submitted my application late Oct/ early Nov-does anyone know the amount of time before you are offered an interview?

I got an interview invite in the mail today. Hunter, you got a scolarship there with similar stats, right? I am contemplating whether to schedule or not...it's a great but terribly expensive school...

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview invite in the mail today. Hunter, you got a scolarship there with similar stats, right? I am contemplating whether to schedule or not...it's a great but terribly expensive school...

Yea, I'd definitely like to attend but the cost is ridiculous. What kinds of scholarships do they give; anyone know?

i was under the impression there wasnt much in the form of scholarships. this was from the open house, but maybe a current student can elaborate.

Did anyone from CT get an interview invite yet? I still have not heard anything and I applied in Septemeber.

Yea, I'd definitely like to attend but the cost is ridiculous. What kinds of scholarships do they give; anyone know?

Did they increase the tuition this year? I was under the impression that it was $36k.

my stats
mcat: Trip9s - 27
major: bioengineering
ecs: 2yrs hepatitis c research, numerous hosp exp, currently workin at geriatric clinic w/ do.
apps comp: nov1st.

i received a scholarship offer elsewhere but not at NYCOM. There is scholarship money at NYCOM. the amount is a mystery.

The three schools I had interviews indicated that tuition goes up EVERY year.

Im from CT and havent heard yet. my app was in early oct.

aaahhhh... I am rethinking whether I should go to the interview or not right now. The tuition for next year is 43,000+?! That is insane.

aaahhhh... I am rethinking whether I should go to the interview or not right now. The tuition for next year is 43,000+?! That is insane.

same reason why i withdrew my interview invite.

wow, that is expensive. doesn't nycom have a really large class?