Nycom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bagger123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have an interview at NYCOM on Feb 23rd...I was wondering if that date was really late for NYCOM in terms of being offered an acceptance.

Also, if there is anyone who is changing/canceling their interview at NYCOM, please PM me so I can get an earlier date. That would be very appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think that's too late for an acceptance, a friend of mine got accepted last year after an interview in March.

I sent in my supplemental application this past Monday. How long do you think until I get an interview invite? How long did you have to wait? Thanks!

Hey guys, I have an interview at NYCOM on Feb 23rd...I was wondering if that date was really late for NYCOM in terms of being offered an acceptance.

Also, if there is anyone who is changing/canceling their interview at NYCOM, please PM me so I can get an earlier date. That would be very appreciated.

i know many people who got accepted to class of 2013 with a late interview... though they were put on a waitlist, they still managed to get in. good luck

Members don't see this ad :)

NYCOM doesn't even start interviewing til November...and they take off december to january (I've heard) and then continue til the end of March. That's only 4 months compared to six or seven at other schools..so February really isn't too late. I've also heard that their interview:acceptance rate is 97%..but not sure how credible that is.

i have an interview on the 23rd also! the woman i spoke with on the phone said they only interview for 3 days in december because of the holidays.. wish i was able to get a date in january though

I got my invite before they switched the application procedure mid-cycle so I don't think I can give you an accurate answer. But from what I heard it seems that after the switch, some people are still getting invites before they send in their supplemental applications, so...I don't think sending in the supp. app. affects their decisions on when they grant an interview.

By the way for those of you interviewing, if you're going to the afternoon session, bring some food with you. I don't know whether they'll change it or not but when I interviewed they def. only provided us with cookies and yogurt. Now think about your long day and hunger and all that...not very fun.

If you can do it, def. do the morning session. At least you can tell when you'll be done, instead of doing what we did, which was staring at each other for hours as you get called in for the interviews one by one :p

GREAT school though... I don't know how anyone can not like it there =)

hey guys , those of you who got an interview, would you mind list your stat , i am thinking about applying to nycom ,, want to see where i stand and if i should apply ...

thanks

cGPA: 3.54; sGPA: 3.4; nonscienceGPA: 3.8
MCAT: 24Q...7PS, 9VR, 8BS (I think I heard there avg is a 27)

I'm IS and was invited to interview on 9/21 for 11/17.

Remember...it's not just about the stats though! ;)

hey guys , those of you who got an interview, would you mind list your stat , i am thinking about applying to nycom ,, want to see where i stand and if i should apply ...

thanks

cgpa 3.6, sgpa 3.5, 24M (9P,10B, 5V), In state

received an interview...i hope they accept me...:xf:

thanks

3.47 GPA 3.25 sGPA 27P MCAT

cGPA 2.99, sGPA 3.69, MCAT 25M (In-State) - I hope my cGPA doesn't do me in! :p

Interviewed on 11/10...

cGPA: 3.5
sGPA: 3.5
MCAT: 29S