bulldog1123

5+ Year Member
May 8, 2014
Status
Pharmacy Student
So I called NYCPM to ask about my viability as a candidate due to my past academic history and if my rehabilitation was enough. One question I do a borderline answer to was whether it is more competitive to apply in the Spring or Fall. Anyone have anything thoughts on this? Obviously I want to apply during a time frame where I would have a better shot. My line of thought is since the Spring class has to do an extra semester, people would apply more to the Fall program. Any thoughts?

bobtheweazel

2+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2015
Earth
Status
Podiatry Student
The Spring class size is definitely consistently smaller, but I'm not sure if that's because fewer people apply to it or because they have a smaller cap on it. I would find that out before deciding either way. If they limit their Spring class size to say 20 students, then that might actually make getting into the Spring semester more difficult than getting into the Fall semester. But, like I said, I'm not sure how all that works.

It would be nice if you could apply to the Spring semester and then if you're not accepted they move you to the Fall semester applicant pool.

Seems like you might need more advice from admissions or from a current NYCPM student. Maybe try asking this in the "Podiatry Students" forum...