NYIT DPT 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Grace26

Reaction score
Hi!

I applied to the NYIT DPT program this 2018 cycle & I was accepted for the class of 2022... was wondering if anyone else here was accepted?

Hopefully we can all get in touch

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how their schedule is like, for example is it a typical 9-5 week or is it very scattered?

Members don't see this ad :)
I declined my seat, hopefully they give it to someone who’s dream school is NYIT!

Any present students able to give insights on the program? Do the professors want you to fail or succeed, are you in school 9-5, 5 days a week, cadavers, who dissects them, do you have a life, is it super hard, and what are the real tuition costs? Any other thoughts you may have on your experience?

Reactions: 1 user
Any present students able to give insights on the program? Do the professors want you to fail or succeed, are you in school 9-5, 5 days a week, cadavers, who dissects them, do you have a life, is it super hard, and what are the real tuition costs? Any other thoughts you may have on your experience?

Hey! I'm currently a student here at NYIT and so far it's been a great rollercoaster experience.

First off, professors definitely do not want you to fail. They are always willing to help and answer any questions that you may have. A lot of them are still conducting research, as well as keeping up with the latest findings in physical therapy science.

We usually begin classes at 8am. Some may start at 8:30am or 9:00am, and depending on the day you may finish class around 12pm or even 4pm. But, majority of us do not leave campus until 8pm because we are usually studying / creating study guides for upcoming tests.

There are cadavers. You will be performing dissections on day 1. My class had 7 cadavers to dissect from. We were split into groups and each assigned a cadaver to work on. Then we would rotate cadavers to get the experience of seeing different bodies.

When I began, tuition began at $1250 a credit. It's likely to increase since that is happening nationwide.

All in all, you have to remember it is grad school. Professors will not spoon feed you. But, they are always willing to help. I spend most of my days in school studying and trying to get ahead. You only really fail if you don't try hard enough. But you also have to keep in mind to take breaks - to prevent burning out ... it will happen to some people. A few people have dropped the program either due to class failure or not being able to keep up with the pressure.

Reactions: 1 user