1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

NYIT NYCOM housing

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by LIDO, Apr 24, 2004.

1. LIDO

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hi everyone! New to posting but after being accepted to nyit/nycom bs/do program I need to find some future roomates/housing. If any other student(s) are looking for a roomate or have an available room in the westbury vicinity (glen cove, farmingdale, hicksville, seafor and such) then email me ;) I am a responsible student, fully able to afford living costs. Hope to hear from somebody soon :) .

p.s. I am hoping to move around July 1st but this is a flexible date, give or take.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Crazed

Crazed Member
    10+ Year Member

Call nycom to get access to their webboard - it's for all the students, and it has all the housing posts you'll need. However, if you're in the joint bs/do program, I'm not sure - they may not give you access to the webboard (it's nycom only, not nyit) until you actually start med school. Still, give it a shot. If that doesn't work, let me know sometime next week (I'm all tied up until then), and I'll email you some info about housing. Also, you can always try newsweek.com on line. there's a housing section in it - look for the non-broker ads if you want to avoid the broker's fee for finding a place (usu at least 1 mo's rent). Best of luck!

4. LIDO

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I already attempted to call the school for access to the web board but was unsuccessful :(. Any help would be great or if anybody is reading this looking for housing/roommates around nyit/nycom let me know ;)

5. happiness4me

happiness4me Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

if your new and about to start the bs/do program at NYIT, they u prob know they have housing at CI the central islip campus, dorms... if your startin nYCOM then ur startin the med and know that u need housing in glen cove... or elsewhere... also if your in nyit, DEAN singer has a list of housing, u hsoudl prob contact her at NYIT. At nycom teh webboard prob wont be available til August since school is still in session for the year. You might have to go thru a real estate agent or maybe you can find someone who is moving out now. Thru other nyit or nycom students.

6. chimebo

chimebo Member
    7+ Year Member

Today I was told that Class of 2008 students will get web board access after their $1000 deposit is processed (I think it is due May 1st)....after the deposit there is some automatic process to get access. This is what the NYIT web man told me.