NYIT & Stony Brook Interview! need Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dimsim

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey

I received an interview invitation from NYIT and Stony Brook today. Does anyone have any feedback to help me out in the interviews if you have done there interviews or know about the school more?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I am going to NYIT...I applied early decision. We had a tour of the facilities (libraries, anatomy lab, cafe, etc) and the main building that the classes are held. The director is really nice and the other faculty members seem equally nice and helpful. It's a really pretty area, and the only downside I saw is that the area is fairly expensive (but so is most of long island). They also had us write a short essay (the questions were different for each person I believe). Hope this helps, good luck!

Thanks!

And do you know how long the interview is? And is it just basic question like..why pt? and why NYIT?

Thanks for all your help!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Our interview was about 2 hours total. However, there was a smaller group since we were all early decision. I expect yours might have more people. They asked both those questions (why PT, why NYIT), and also more conversational type questions. You will probably want to talk about your shadowing experiences, what you liked/didnt like. It was not too stressful. I left feeling really good about the experience and the people I met. Just be yourself and you will do fine!

Thanks!! I feel better about the interview now. I was so stressed before.

Also how long was your actual interview? I have heard they are short. Is that true?

It was about 20 minutes if I remember correctly. It was one on one...but if there are more people there it could be a group interview. I am not completely sure though.

Sorry one more thing..are the essay topics on the current issues related to pt or something completely unusual? If you think it is unfair to share yours then it is fine, I can understand. I just wanted to get the general idea of it..

Thanks

They were completely random. I honestly don't remember my essay topic. But it is not anything you can prepare for. good luck! when is your interview?

It is this monday, the 21st!!

EKKK
I wasn't sure if they asked for current issues and things like that

As long as it's something that I can think of at the spot =)

Thanks for all your help!!

It went well, but honestly I am scared because they are taking only like 35 people since some of the seats are given to the 3 plus 3 program and others to early decision. I really liked the campus and the program itself, the faculty was really friendly. So we will see what happens. I am afraid of being waitlisted! That is the worst status of all =(

I also have an interview at both NYIT and Stony Brook. Both are in December. If anyone could give me insight into either one that would be great. How it was, what to expect, which program did you like better etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

My interviewer asked me: Why pt? favorite class and why in undergrad? How/where will you move after you get accepted here? what did you do at our volunteer site?

And surprisingly he didnt ask me why NYIT? but be prepared for it!

My Stony Brook interview is on the 9th dec so I don't know anything about that. When is your Stony Brook one and your NYIT one?

Good Luck!!

My Stony Brook interview is also December 9th and NYIT is December 19th

congrats! are you waiting to hear back from other schools or will you be going?

CONGRATS!!!! What were your stats if you don't mind telling

Hi,

I am sending in my deposit to save a seat, although I am waiting to hear back from 2 schools I like but that will take a while.
I interviewed on the 21st and heard back on the 3rd Dec (pretty quick I think because they were closed for 5 days for thanksgiving).
My stats:
GPA: 3.5 on transcript but 3.67 on PTCAS
GRE: they dont consider thankfully but I got 930 or something (very low sadly)
extra curricular: South Asian Dance team, Yoga club, Student for Environmental Awareness
Volunteer/Work hours: ~500hrs
Couple of research and other work experiences but not related to PT!
Major: BS in Pysch

Just received an acceptance email from Stony Brook on Dec 19th :)

To everyone who was accepted to NY IT;
Can you guys let me know what your stats were? I just got an email to interview with NYIT today and I would just like to get an idea on what the average acceptance stats are. Please, any feedback on the interview process..etc. I'm coming from Michigan so I want to make sure I at least have some kind of chance prior to coming all the way out to NY.
Thank you!!!!