NYIT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SPTKK

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
For anyone who applied to NYIT, have you heard anything back from them yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have not, curious when they will be reaching out to applicants.

Hey! I saw your reply on one of the other posts. I am a current student at NYIT and i honestly couldn’t be happier. If youre looking for an engaging experience with classmates, this is the place. There is no competition amongst one another - we all always look after each other.

Anyways, I heard from some people that interview dates are already out. It is sometime in the next coming days - weeks.

Interview process is so laid back. They see your grades and other info from the PTCAS application so theyre really testing to see your personality.

As cliché as it sounds, be yourself. Just don’t be too weird. But let them know through your interview answers how you stand out yet remain professional. This school looks for diversity, not just in terms of race & culture but also in terms of how well you’d be able to fit in with others. Be prepared to also write an essay the day of the interview. It’s one of those random essays like “If you could be a color what would it be?”

Good luck!

Hey! I saw your reply on one of the other posts. I am a current student at NYIT and i honestly couldn’t be happier. If youre looking for an engaging experience with classmates, this is the place. There is no competition amongst one another - we all always look after each other.

Anyways, I heard from some people that interview dates are already out. It is sometime in the next coming days - weeks.

Interview process is so laid back. They see your grades and other info from the PTCAS application so theyre really testing to see your personality.

As cliché as it sounds, be yourself. Just don’t be too weird. But let them know through your interview answers how you stand out yet remain professional. This school looks for diversity, not just in terms of race & culture but also in terms of how well you’d be able to fit in with others. Be prepared to also write an essay the day of the interview. It’s one of those random essays like “If you could be a color what would it be?”

Good luck!

Hey! Thanks for the info. Do you mind answering a few questions? If you don't mind-

Does the program give you the freedom to choose your affiliation sites?
Hows Old Westbury/neighborhood/living situations/rent etc?
Do you like your professors, facilities and classmates?

Sorry for all the questions. I have an interview in Oct and havent visited yet!

Thanks!!