NYITCOM-AR vs MUCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

letmein10

Reaction score
Happy Thanks Giving future doctors and current med students! Since the first DO deposit date is approaching, please kindly give some insight on deciding from this two DO schools. Location does not really matter to me since I am a faraway OOS for both schools. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Similarity:
Their established year (2016 vs 2013), their tuition ($64,000 vs $57,000, different living expense in location balance the 7k back), recent COMLEX level 1 passing rate (both around 93%) and recent matching rate (both stated 100% for 2023) all look similar.

NYITCOM-AR has some complains about the exam settings is hard to recover if failed once. I didn't find any long detailed comment on MUCOM.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Marian. Major city and NYIT-AR has had some complaints. Would not be surprised if they run into rotation issues in the future as another medical school will be opening in Arkansas soon.

Marian. Major city and NYIT-AR has had some complaints. Would not be surprised if they run into rotation issues in the future as another medical school will be opening in Arkansas soon.
Thank you so much for the input!! Would the Marian GPA grading system vs the P/F in NYIT change your mind?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would go with MUCOM since it is much more established and you will not have to deal with "growing pains."