NYIT's BS/DO programs

stonyalltheway

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in the healthcare field, with the BS/DO program being one of the programs that I am reasearching. Can anyone that has gotten accepted into the program share their quantitative and qualitative stats with me?

My quantitative stats are listed below:
SAT: 1240 (Critical reading + math)
1890 (total)

GPA: 4.237 on a 4.3 scale

Members don't see this ad.

I'm interested in the healthcare field, with the BS/DO program being one of the programs that I am reasearching. Can anyone that has gotten accepted into the program share their quantitative and qualitative stats with me?

My quantitative stats are listed below:
SAT: 1240 (Critical reading + math)
1890 (total)

GPA: 4.237 on a 4.3 scale

I noticed you were talking about a combined dental or combined pharmacy program on another post. Don't go through with applying to one of these programs without knowing for certain that you want to do it. You seem undecided as to what you'd like to do. I would suggest shadowing a variety of professionals you're interested in and make a choice. You still have college to decide and explore... and these programs are a shaky guarantee at best. You still have to maintain a certain GPA and score so well on your MCAT/DAT/GRE/whatever to keep your place.

From a CollegeConfidential-esque point of view, your GPA is solid, but you should work on your standardized test scores a little; they're really good, but not outstanding. At my two in-state early acceptance programs, you need a 28 ACT or 1240 SAT (which you meet the bare minimum for,) for one and a 30 ACT or 1340 SAT for the other, which would be slightly out of reach.

I noticed you were talking about a combined dental or combined pharmacy program on another post. Don't go through with applying to one of these programs without knowing for certain that you want to do it. You seem undecided as to what you'd like to do.

+1 Seriously... Just go to a 4 year university and figure out what you want to do before locking into a program. It's just getting ridiculous that you're making a new thread every week about a new profession and program.

I will tell you now, as I think I've told you before in a previous thread -- you do not want to apply to NYIT/NYCOM's BS/DO. NYCOM is a great school, but there have been countless complaints against the BS/DO program where most students have either applied out or dropped the program all together.

NYCOM, being close to my house, having a very strong connection (someone on the board of directors) and being a BS/DO program was an extremely attractive offer when I first started researching programs. Thanks to my stats and connections, I was basically guaranteed a spot into the class... After talking to a few of the students who were enrolled, I didn't even bother applying. Students complained that the undergraduate department was totally lacking and that they did not have the teaching ability to help them pass the exams or prepare for the MCAT. Most of the students transferred to regular four year universities or other programs, if they were lucky.