NYMC Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medical22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can we send more than 2 optional letters of evaluation to NYMC? They only provide 2 spaces on the application for the names of recommenders. How can I list the third one?

Members don't see this ad.

Could someone please tell me what I should do if I'm sending three letters?

i sent more than two and I believe there is no problem sending more. I have a list somewhere that tells you about how many and if they have a max, I will find that and post it later, just bump this up tomorrow.
I think i sent five (which may be their max).

X

Members don't see this ad :)
does it matter if we send in one or two more than the requirement? i mean....the worst that can happen is that they don't read the letters...i just don't see why not send in what you have/want. just don't send them like..freakin 10.

it's okay to send in more, just look to see if the school has a max. I wouldn't want to send more than that (some cap it off at 5 letter).

I have a list with all the schools and their letter req's so if you want to know a specific school, just ask.

Meanwhile, here is the NYMC:

3+ (2 sci prof, 1 nonscience faculty). Others accepted from individuals who have known candidate in supervisory capacity.

X

I turned in 5 letters of recommendation to them...

Yes, I'm sure they will accept my three letters, but my question was really how to write that on the application since only two spaces are provided. Should I send them a letter saying that they can expect 3 letters?

Originally posted by X
it's okay to send in more, just look to see if the school has a max. I wouldn't want to send more than that (some cap it off at 5 letter).

I have a list with all the schools and their letter req's so if you want to know a specific school, just ask.

Meanwhile, here is the NYMC:

3+ (2 sci prof, 1 nonscience faculty). Others accepted from individuals who have known candidate in supervisory capacity.

X

Where did you get that list from?

From my pre-med advisor office. They have a few handouts. Feel free to ask any schools you need info for.

You don't need to tell them anything, just send in the stuff and it will go in your file, at least it should. Just check the status after a week or two

X