NYMC Interview.. Nervous!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

strivehigh

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have had two interviews so far; one with University of Maryland Eastern Shore and the other with UNE. The first one went ok I suppose, but the one with UNE was absolutely abysmal. The answers I gave to his questions and the way I said them just made me feel like I have no business being enrolled in any DPT program. By some miracle I was waitlisted. No idea how. But after that day, my confidence is practically nonexistent for any further interviews. I have one more with New York Medical College on Friday the 10th. I've had two major exams this week to prep for so I have only done minimal practice thus far. I'll do the rest on the drive down there(I'm from upstate). Does anyone have any insight to the questions they might ask or at least how the day went? Any answers appreciated, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

So I have had two interviews so far; one with University of Maryland Eastern Shore and the other with UNE. The first one went ok I suppose, but the one with UNE was absolutely abysmal. The answers I gave to his questions and the way I said them just made me feel like I have no business being enrolled in any DPT program. By some miracle I was waitlisted. No idea how. But after that day, my confidence is practically nonexistent for any further interviews. I have one more with New York Medical College on Friday the 10th. I've had two major exams this week to prep for so I have only done minimal practice thus far. I'll do the rest on the drive down there(I'm from upstate). Does anyone have any insight to the questions they might ask or at least how the day went? Any answers appreciated, thanks.
What did they ask you at UNE?
And would you mind sharing your stats?

Well I was asked 5 question, most were typical. But the interviewer I had said they are required to ask one or two questions regarding general knowledge about the field. The one that tripped me up was somewhere along the lines of "what is the role of physical therapists within each of their specialties?" I can't remember the exact wording but that was the gist of the question. I didn't have a very good idea of how to answer that(which messed up my confidence for the remainder of the interview) and I still don't.. so at least come up with an idea that somewhat satisfies it.

Members don't see this ad :)
cGPA: 3.23
pGPA: 3.70 I think it was
Had a 4.0 for the past two years though. 100 observation hours in 3 settings. 60 volunteer hours elsewhere. Held a part time job in retail for the past 5 years as well. Those are my main stats I'd say.

Well I was asked 5 question, most were typical. But the interviewer I had said they are required to ask one or two questions regarding general knowledge about the field. The one that tripped me up was somewhere along the lines of "what is the role of physical therapists within each of their specialties?" I can't remember the exact wording but that was the gist of the question. I didn't have a very good idea of how to answer that(which messed up my confidence for the remainder of the interview) and I still don't.. so at least come up with an idea that somewhat satisfies it.
Oh wow! Yeah I would be thrown off by that question as well, which makes me want to investigate and do more research before interviewing.
Thank you for sharing that with me. I applied to UNE mid October and I got an email my application it's under the preliminary review. My GPA is good 3.5 overall, 3.9 during my BS and 3.8 pre requisites, but my GRE is not so great 150V 147Q and 3.5W.
I'm a horrible test taker specially when it comes to standardized tests like this one.
I'm hoping I have a chance to at least interview.

Good luck at your interview Friday!
When did you submit your application to NYMC?

Reactions: 1 user
Oh right forgot the GRE.. mine was 151Q, 146V, and 4.0 writing. So, similar to you. Other than the interview it was a gorgeous city, amazing campus(grad students only which was nice). Great place to go to school.

I submitted all of my applications in mid-July.

Oh right forgot the GRE.. mine was 151Q, 146V, and 4.0 writing. So, similar to you. Other than the interview it was a gorgeous city, amazing campus(grad students only which was nice). Great place to go to school.

I submitted all of my applications in mid-July.
Yeah sounds like a great place. The only thing I don't like so much it's their tuition. I'm glad to hear you got the chance to interview. Seeing your GRE scores definitely gives me hope, because my scores are my biggest concern although they don't have a minimum GRE requirement.

You should be fine. I botched my interview and I was still waitlisted. And you're overall stats are better so I think you have a good shot. Good luck.

You should be fine. I botched my interview and I was still waitlisted. And you're overall stats are better so I think you have a good shot. Good luck.

Do you end up getting accepted from NYMC, do they let you know if you are accepted or not within two weeks? I interviewed back on Jan 9, but I still haven't hear back from them, do they let you in by mail or email ?

Yeah sounds like a great place. The only thing I don't like so much it's their tuition. I'm glad to hear you got the chance to interview. Seeing your GRE scores definitely gives me hope, because my scores are my biggest concern although they don't have a minimum GRE requirement.

I forgot about this thread. I was I asked that same question they asked you and I was the last one to be interviewed that day. Just like you I was also placed on a waitlist.
Have you heard from UNE after being placed on their waitlist?

NYMC mails acceptances, they do not email. I received my acceptance about a week after I interviewed! (I interviewed on a Tuesday and was accepted the next Monday)