NYMC Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MisplacedLondoner

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I just got an invitation to interview at New York Medical College (my first response back from a grad school! ..which is funny because I submitted it on 11/5 and the rest of my apps were submitted 9/3 but anyways..) and I was wondering if anyone has any experience interviewing there. I don't know which interview date I'll take yet because I live in NC and I'm trying to figure out travel and missing class, but I'd greatly appreciate any insight or advice people have! Also opinions on the school and program are welcome 🙂

Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sure! I got the email today at lunch time..so pretty recently 🙂
My cGPA is 3.35, pGPA for NYMC is 3.21
GRE: 163 V, 157 Q, 5.5 W
About 200 hours shadowing in outpatient ortho, in patient acute care, home PT, school PT, geriatrics/wellness
EC: competitive Irish dancer and teacher, research assistant at a traumatic brain injury lab on campus and conducting an independent study with the lab, lots of volunteering around the community
I take it you're still waiting to hear back from them? I haven't heard anything about the interview process there and my interview's in 2 weeks so I'm really hoping someone is lurking around here who has gone through their interview!