nymc interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

misspiggy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I have a question. I have a 3.5 GPA and a 10BS, 10PS and and 8VB on the August MCAT with solid recs and ECs. Has anyone with these stats gotten an interview at NYMC? I haven't gotten any interviews yet!!! Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a 3.7+ GPA, a 29N (10,9,10) and a 29M (7,12,10), okay recs and very little EC's, and I got an invite from NYMC last week and just scheduled my interview for 1/27/03. If the Aug. MCAT was your first time, they may have been waiting for the scores so it might be awhile longer (I took it in Aug too but I also took it last April).

Hope that helps, and good luck! :) :) :)

Thanks for the info! When did you submit your secondary application?

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's what it says on my app status page:

10/09/2002 Invitation to Interview Sent
09/26/2002 Secondary Application Complete
09/26/2002 LOR's received
08/21/2002 Secondary Application Received
07/31/2002 Secondary Application Requested

sunnybunny, did you take the august 02 mcat?

Originally posted by vikvaz
sunnybunny, did you take the august 02 mcat?

yup. (sorry if that wasn't clear on my first post. i took the april 02 and the aug 02)

Wow, nymc must really dislike me. My app was complete back on Sept. 12 and I haven't heard from them yet. :(

if it makes you feel better, they don't like me either. my app was complete 9/11, and not a peep since. i tried calling them today for the first time to ask if i was on "hold" and they said everything i needed to know was on the online status page.:mad:

by the way, has anybody been rejected yet by nymc, or for that matter, know anybody who was rejected? or is this one of the schools that strings us along to make us feel better for writing out such a big check