NYMC interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

littlephiLLy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have an interview for nymc in late march.. do they ever interview exclusively for the waitlist? if anyone has any other input about nymc interviews i'd also welcome that. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I know a handful of people who interviewed in late march last year and ended up getting in by April. I also just got an interview from them in late march..good luck!

If you're being interviewed at NYMC, there is a spot for you. 2 of my good friends interviewed the last day and were accepted straight.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're being interviewed at NYMC, there is a spot for you. 2 of my good friends interviewed the last day and were accepted straight.

Thanks for the good news. I'm interviewing there next week.

Good :luck: all!!!!!!

do you mean the last day of last year's application cycle or the last interview day as of your posting?

last day of interviews for last year, I believe sometime in may. Theres no interview for waitlist.

A ridiculous amount of people recieved invites the last couple days. So to be fair, their is still much competition for spots for those last weeks in march and beggining of april. Good luck

To whichever wonderful person cancelled their 2/26 interview today, I salute you -- as mine was supposed to be 3/22 until about two minutes ago. :D

How long ago since you were complete? I was complete end of October, and still no word from NYMC...

How long ago since you were complete? I was complete end of October, and still no word from NYMC...

I was complete in early September. They're not really going in any order at this point, I think.

About a month before my invite, I sent an extreme love letter of interest combined with an update on some research activities (first half update, second half declaring my intense love and desperation). That...possibly helped. My SO swears by the theory that they wait to interview most of their post-bacc applicants starting in February, but I'm not buying it.

I was complete in early September. They're not really going in any order at this point, I think.

About a month before my invite, I sent an extreme love letter of interest combined with an update on some research activities (first half update, second half declaring my intense love and desperation). That...possibly helped. My SO swears by the theory that they wait to interview most of their post-bacc applicants starting in February, but I'm not buying it.

Hmm. you just gave me hope. I am post-bacc....so think I will start writing the letter of interest/update

i was complete 10/31 and sent updated grades last month.

I'm interviewing there on Feb. 27th... anyone else?

I'm interviewing at NYMC on April 10th... this seems WAY late, do you think they'll still have room? Anyone interview this late last year and actually get in?

Still waiting to hear from them and I was done around sept/oct. but i am also OOS so really all hope is lost.

Still waiting to hear from them and I was done around sept/oct. but i am also OOS so really all hope is lost.

Er, NYMC doesn't have in-state preference. They do, however, prefer people who show genuine interest as opposed to treating it as a backup. And they interview far later than many schools.

As you'll see in ten thousand other NYMC threads, plenty of current M1s are happy to tell you that they interviewed on the last day/late April and made it in directly, no waitlist. So if you have an April interview, that doesn't mean you're done. It just means you'll wait a while to hear.

FYI, I had a genuine conflict with the late March date I picked, called them on Monday about possible cancellations, and was bumped up to the last week of February. You can always try that...