nymc interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Enwysefinest

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I see that NYMC is still giving out interviews today and are booked through the end of april. Have they only been giving out small batches throughout this process, or do they have such a small yield that they overextend interview invites. It just seems outa control compared to most other schools which are finished or near finished with invites.

Members don't see this ad.

My understanding was they don't bias their late interview. But I could be saying that to boost my morale since I just got an interview for April 11th.

Hey guys, congrats on your invitations!
I have been complete since August and I'm dying at this point for a little more info. Is there any way to find out whether your file has been reviewed? Or at the very least least even slightly more detail than the status page gives?
I called the admissions office for an update today and they said all they can tell me is what's on the status page.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, congrats on your invitations!
I have been complete since August and I'm dying at this point for a little more info. Is there any way to find out whether your file has been reviewed? Or at the very least least even slightly more detail than the status page gives?
I called the admissions office for an update today and they said all they can tell me is what's on the status page.

Ya, same here. I feel that if they didn't give you an interview invite by now, we might as well accept the rejection (I was also complete in august) :( sighhhhh

Hey All,
I just wanted to share the info. I had an interview scheduled for 4/17 for NYMC and I called them to see if they could bump it up. The first time I called they said they had no openings but that I was on the right track and should try calling them again cause slots open up as people withdraw their applications and cancel interviews. The second time I called them they had an empty slot for 3/15. So if any of you want your interview sooner, definitely give them a call. They're totally cool with it. But I agree with the earlier posters. I don't think they are biased against applicants that interview late. I just wanted an earlier interview so I could be done! (and maybe hear back sooner?)

best of luck to everyone during this hella stressful process!

-Thayer

Good luck on all your interviews. If any of you have any specific questions about the interview day feel free to PM me... and be sure to check out our class thread for the inside scoop from current students and accepted applicants: NYMC c/o/ 2011

so i have an interview scheduled for 4/18. but after i scheduled i found out we have to do our senior thesis presentation on the 18th and the day is chosen by the dept, usually the 3rd week of april and all the seniors do their presentation on the same day. i def need to change the date, anyone know how often i can call to ask, i don't want to call everyday and seem annoying.. the only date they have is after 4/18 and that will be waay too late.. any1 with any dates before they're going to cancel? please help me out if u are going to cancel and have a date before 4/18..!!

mine is for 4/24. lol.

so if can get out of my 4/18 possibly for an earlier one you can call and take the spot on 4/18.