1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

NYMC Letter of Rec Problem

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by md2be06, Aug 27, 2001.

1. md2be06

md2be06 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Well, here's my dilemma. NYMC requires that one of your letters of rec be from a professor in the department you're majoring in. I only have 3 letters, 2 from science professors, 1 from a humanities professor. My major however, is in IT. I'm taking the majority of my IT classes this semester. The two I had previously taken were taught by the same professor, and he transferred. Anyone know if the will they be flexible regarding this policy if I explain my situation? Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rxfudd

rxfudd 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Since they seem to give a considerable amount of attention to this in both the secondary application and the directions, I doubt they will be very flexible (although I could be wrong - you should call NYMC). I would try contacting your university and finding out where your IT professor went. I'm sure you can track him down.

4. ewells

ewells Big Daddy
    7+ Year Member

I am having the same problem. I am a Physiology major, and every psio class that I have had has been team taught. I have not had one professor for more that two weeks at a time. I am a non trad with a full time job and a family, so I do not stick around campus after class. I have good letters from science professors from some of the prereqs to get into my major. I am emailing them to find out if they make exceptions. Otherwise, they are going to get one of those dreaded "He got an A in my class, but I have no idea who he is," letters.

5. md2be06

md2be06 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Called NYMC today, they won't budge on the letter of rec requirement. I wish they would be more flexible, but they say that it's their policy and they can't change it or make exceptions.