NYMC Traditional Masters 2010-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

coolcat3175

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All,

I decided to attend NYMC for its Traditional Track Masters program. I was just wondering who else will be starting this year (in a month) and where people are planning on living and such. Any excitement would be much appreciated since I'm still unsure if I made the right choice selecting NYMC over Drexel IMS.
 
I'll be joining you in August. Still waiting for on-campus housing, but as of now I'm probably going for some kind of temporary housing - sucks trying to find housing when you are on the opposite side of the country. Did you manage to find housing?

Don't know too much about Drexel IMS but after talking to Dr. Lerea, it seems like a pretty supportive program. He told me it pretty much comes down to what you make of it. Not sure if it is entirely true, but I read somewhere else that if you get a 3.5+ in the program, you can get an interview at NYMC - granted everything else is in check as well. (<--- Can someone vouch for this?)
 
Sup guys,

I got accepted into the traditional track as well. I have been on vacation so im just now hearing about it. Sounds cooland im pretty excited, but since im from california and student housing is full im having a bit of a housing problem. The Student Housing people sent me an email with a list of places close to the school. If anyone is in need of a room-mate let me know.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yea, i heard that too about the interview at nymc. but, theres never a guarantee. every program has its pros and cons. im excited about nymc now.

as far as housing goes, i have spoken to a few people who have already been in the program for the past year or two. they said that finding housing at this point is nearly impossible unless someone drops out.

i am looking into where to live. i do prefer a roommate who is also going to be a student and going through the same stuff as me. but i dont know if i want to move all the way up there. i have a car and might consider moving up to harlem or the bronx (in the safe areas) and commute all the while living in the city...i also have a job in the city right now that i dont want to let go. if anyones interested, let me know.
 
Ya i would prefer a roommate who is also a student. However, i would like to be within 10 miles / 15 minuets of the school if possible. If you do decide that you want to live up near he school, let me know.
 
Hey everyone,

I'm thinking about applying to the traditional track. Can you guys give me any insight on the program? Do you like it? Also what were your stats for people who were accepted if you don't mind?

Thanks for your help.
 
Hey I'll be attending as well, idk if its hard to find housing because I'll be commuting from home in lower manhattan. I just hope my commute isn't too rough.
 
yea, i heard that too about the interview at nymc. but, theres never a guarantee. every program has its pros and cons. im excited about nymc now.

as far as housing goes, i have spoken to a few people who have already been in the program for the past year or two. they said that finding housing at this point is nearly impossible unless someone drops out.

i am looking into where to live. i do prefer a roommate who is also going to be a student and going through the same stuff as me. but i dont know if i want to move all the way up there. i have a car and might consider moving up to harlem or the bronx (in the safe areas) and commute all the while living in the city...i also have a job in the city right now that i dont want to let go. if anyones interested, let me know.
I'm staying by the subways as well, makes getting to jobs/volunteering/nightlife in the city much easier