NYMC Westchester Probation Status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

anestheticman

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I never heard back from them about their status.

Does anyone know if the probation under appeal was removed?

Are people using this in their ranking decision?
 
I received a letter which talked about the result of the appeal concerning their probation status. It basically says that the probation was rescinded but they have still retained the probationary status (I'm not entirely sure what that means...maybe someone could shed some more light on this). PM me and I'll send it to you since the file size is too big for me to post it in the forum.
 
I just got it too.

It came after I made the thread today.

They are going to remain on probation until the next site visit. It says the whatever committee recommended that they go off probation but that the ACGME did not agree.