NYS June Compounding exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjk25

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone remember how many milligrams of hydrocortisone they added to the solution? I put 50 mg and my friend put 90mg so I was wondering what you guys got?

Members don't see this ad.

I put 90 mg. but we're you in the morning or afternoon session I was in the morning the other session may have been different

Yes I was in the morning too.. Do you know if that is considered a critical error or how many points off that would be if in fact it was 90 mg and i put 50 mg?

Also does anyone remember what we were given (cortisone strength) and the calculation we had to perform to figure it out?

Members don't see this ad :)
I had it in the afternoon so ours was different.

what did you guys think of day 1 by the way? I'm worried about day 1. :(

I feel I made silly mistakes and that's going to cost me.

pretty sure they were looking to stop byetta due to pancreatitis and also hold metformin for 48 hours due to iv contrast....
pretty challenging tho and alot of law!

Anyone from the morning session of day 2 remember what we were given for the solution for the hydrocortisone? I just want to walk through the calculation because I got 50 mg and people are saying 90 mg is correct?

Is that considered a critical error? or how many points off?

pretty sure they were looking to stop byetta due to pancreatitis and also hold metformin for 48 hours due to iv contrast....
pretty challenging tho and alot of law!

Anyone from the morning session of day 2 remember what we were given for the solution for the hydrocortisone? I just want to walk through the calculation because I got 50 mg and people are saying 90 mg is correct?

Is that considered a critical error? or how many points off?

I don't think it's a critical error as in getting a zero..but they most probably will take off a few points.

yeah there was a lot of law.

by the way can a podiatrist write for keflex? what did you put there? I said it's correct because keflex can be used for skin soft tissue infections so why wouldn't a podiatrist be able to prescribe that? so I checked off that it's okay. :-/ not sure though.

i put its okay as well..

anyone else have any input on if i put 50 mg of hydrocortisone instead of 90mg how many points this is off? or if its considered a critical error or not?

I think a critical error is +/- 50% of the drug...therefore if you put 45 mg it may be a critical error, but I do not think 50 mg would be... just points off.

On day 1, did anyone put the warfarin prescription (written by the pharmd cdtm with MD) as correct? How about the midwife prescription that was written for the Tdap vaccine? I looked them both up and I believe they are both correct but I am not positive.

I think a critical error is +/- 50% of the drug...therefore if you put 45 mg it may be a critical error, but I do not think 50 mg would be... just points off.

On day 1, did anyone put the warfarin prescription (written by the pharmd cdtm with MD) as correct? How about the midwife prescription that was written for the Tdap vaccine? I looked them both up and I believe they are both correct but I am not positive.

I believe the Warfarin one was correct (I put it was correct too)..the Tdap one I'm not too sure about that..one of my friends said that the directions were wrong and how it should be given 2 weeks prior to coming in contact with the newborn? I'm not too sure..I have never seen a Tdap Rx in all my time working at my workplace, so who knows.

i know its 10% volume is critical error for the IV. So its different for the other problems? You need to be 50% off to get a critical error? Anyone else have any more info about this?
Sorry im just freaking out haha

i know its 10% volume is critical error for the IV. So its different for the other problems? You need to be 50% off to get a critical error? Anyone else have any more info about this?
Sorry im just freaking out haha

50% seems like much too large of a number. But since I think you're allowed +/- 10% on your weights for full credit maybe 50% as a "critical error" isn't that far fetched.

Hey guys I just got my results back. I only got 1 point off from passing the exam so obviously I'm upset. But my proctor threw all my vials away during the IV portion which I have never heard of in all of the review classes. Don't they grade you on what products you bring back with you? I feel like they took point off for that. What are the chances I get 1 point back not only for that but in general? Please write back as soon as possible!

Last edited: