Nyu 12/1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Envision

Envisioning...
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have an interview 12/1, anyone else going at that time? anyone wanna split a room? also, for those have already gone, where is a good place to stay (near school...cheap!). thanx guys.

Members don't see this ad.

murray hill east suites. 15 minute walk that is extremely easy and huge room with living room and kitchen for 160ish after tax.

murray hill east suites. 15 minute walk that is extremely easy and huge room with living room and kitchen for 160ish after tax.

forgive my ignorance, but is 160 a normal price for one night? are there smaller cheaper places thats near the school? i don't care how big the room is so long as i can lay down all the way and stand up straight :D.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hotel 17 for $99 a night. 5 block walk to the school but very small rooms. Is clean though.

I called hotel 17, their cheaper rooms were all booked. I think the next cheapest available one was about $200. I booked a place in NJ. It's $82 a night and according to yahoo maps its 4.6 miles from the school. I just have to worry about the morning commute. :oops:

I called hotel 17, their cheaper rooms were all booked. I think the next cheapest available one was about $200. I booked a place in NJ. It's $82 a night and according to yahoo maps its 4.6 miles from the school. I just have to worry about the morning commute. :oops:

yikes, you're gonna pay for the difference in cab fare..

I also stayed at Hotel 17. It's really near the school (I took a cab and the fare was $4.5 before tip). I guess it's too late to find a room, but that was a pretty nice place to stay for an interview. And yes, $160 is considered cheap for a hotel in NYC, Envision.

I also stayed at Hotel 17. It's really near the school (I took a cab and the fare was $4.5 before tip). I guess it's too late to find a room, but that was a pretty nice place to stay for an interview. And yes, $160 is considered cheap for a hotel in NYC, Envision.

Hey bionerd, long time no post. congrats on the interviews, how did tuft contact you? whats your top choice? take care and thanx for the tip.

yikes, you're gonna pay for the difference in cab fare..

I looked it up online and this is what it says about the toll -

"Tolls
To get to New Jersey, you don't have to pay any tolls, but there is a $6.00 toll when you return back to the City through the Holland Tunnel"

$6 isn't too bad since my hotel room is only $82. There's supposedly a train station nearby the hotel and there's a stop on E23rd St and 6th Ave, so about a 5-6 block walk. :oops:

I looked it up online and this is what it says about the toll -

"Tolls
To get to New Jersey, you don't have to pay any tolls, but there is a $6.00 toll when you return back to the City through the Holland Tunnel"

$6 isn't too bad since my hotel room is only $82. There's supposedly a train station nearby the hotel and there's a stop on E23rd St and 6th Ave, so about a 5-6 block walk. :oops:

When is your interview jeanette?