NYU acceptance w/o interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shamrock2006

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is what I keep hearing..that you can get accepted to NYU w/o an interview. But, assuming this is true....wouldn't you think the people who get those acceptances would be the ones w/ the extremely high stats? Those are the people now who are getting the interviews...so then who qualifies for the acceptance w/o interview deal? hmmmm...good luck everyone:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

This is what I keep hearing..that you can get accepted to NYU w/o an interview. But, assuming this is true....wouldn't you think the people who get those acceptances would be the ones w/ the extremely high stats? Those are the people now who are getting the interviews...so then who qualifies for the acceptance w/o interview deal? hmmmm...good luck everyone:luck:

i asked the question during the interview...the answer from the dean was that they only accept a "handful" of people without interviews....and these people have extremely high GPA and DAT, plus outstanding extracuriculum activies..etc. So that means if you have 24/24/24 but you only have a 3.0, you might not get accepted without an interview.

i think you're right in that most ppl who get that acceptane w/o interview end up attending a different school. usually their state school or something cheaper and/or closer to home.

Members don't see this ad :)
i didn't apply to nyu, but my friend who's got a 3.7 and 26 DAT did and hasn't heard any thing. do you think he'll get in without an interview?

i asked the question during the interview...the answer from the dean was that they only accept a "handful" of people without interviews....and these people have extremely high GPA and DAT, plus outstanding extracuriculum activies..etc. So that means if you have 24/24/24 but you only have a 3.0, you might not get accepted without an interview.

I have a 24/24/22 with a 3.0 overall gpa (bcp ~3.5) and I just received my interview invite. So you have to be pretty darn stellar across the board to be accepted sans interview.

I believe that very few people dont have interviews because the students with the OK marks will need an interview for acceptance and I have a friend that has a 3.9GPA and scored an AA25 on the DAT and she was also called in for an interview. She told me the reason she was called in was that although she is definately accepted, they probably want to evaluate whether she is fit for a full scholarship. So between having to come in for acceptance and having to come in to be considered for a scholarship, very few just get an acceptance letter.

I asked about this when I was visiting the school and they told me very few people are accepted without interviews. The applicant has to have an immaculate record to be considered.

I was told that they are cutting down on Interviews, and that they are only interviewing people who have something on their application that needs to be questioned.

So if you are a standard student, with good gpa, nice dats, good recs, and good shadowing you should hear dec 1 without a problem.... i hope.
I hope you are correct as I got the "application under review" letter at the end of July and haven't heard a word since.

I was told that they are cutting down on Interviews, and that they are only interviewing people who have something on their application that needs to be questioned.

So if you are a standard student, with good gpa, nice dats, good recs, and good shadowing you should hear dec 1 without a problem.... i hope.

you may be right but I was told that 12 people each day since the beginning of september have been interviewing. If they call that cutting down, I wonder how many they interview before?

its not 12 each day..wednesday they dont interview. and sometimes its 12..but sometimes its 6-8/day. plus holidays...i would estimate about 380 interview before december 1st? something like that...

i just interviewed there yesterday, and there were 11 of us. i think they also said they have interviewed about 200 so far, and will hold 600 interviews total? something like that.

i just interviewed there yesterday, and they were 11 of us. i think they also said they have interviewed about 200 so far, and will hold 600 interviews total? something like that.

right, so say they interview about 400 by early december..i am just curious how many they accept from that pool. they have 240 freshmen spots available..and a lot of people wind up going somewhere else once they get in to NYU. id estimate...about 400 acceptance letters? i have no clue tho..anyone else know?

I got no interview news from NYU
23/23/20 and 3.8 gpa...
i guess my scores sucks...
NYU too hard for me to get in

right, so say they interview about 400 by early december..i am just curious how many they accept from that pool. they have 240 freshmen spots available..and a lot of people wind up going somewhere else once they get in to NYU. id estimate...about 400 acceptance letters? i have no clue tho..anyone else know?

Let's hope that they accept a lot of people they interview. It would be baad if a person receives an NYU interview but is put on a waiting list simply b/c other people with superior stats get in w/o interviews.

its not 12 each day..wednesday they dont interview. and sometimes its 12..but sometimes its 6-8/day. plus holidays...i would estimate about 380 interview before december 1st? something like that...

I also asked that question...if you double your number, you're right on! The answer was around 700-800 people. They will "try" to fill in all the seats by dec 1st. These are answers from the admission people.

they interview less and less as the year goes on though..makes sense. if they have so many fewer spots..why interview hoardes of students if you know you can only accept a handful. i think the magic # is around 600 after post december 1st cancellations when lots of ppl get in elsewhere.

all in all..im really hoping to get in there!