NYU acceptance without interview!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mustt Mustt

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received an e-mail and then I called them to check. I was accepted to NYU without an Interview. I am glad that they do this becasue it really saves money for people. Good luck to all.

Members don't see this ad.

add me to the list too!

Congratulations both of you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Mustt Mustt said:
I just received an e-mail and then I called them to check. I was accepted to NYU without an Interview. I am glad that they do this becasue it really saves money for people. Good luck to all.

RUNS TO HIS EMAIL BOX>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
*@#^*@#(%^%$@*()*!@*(^@#(^(&*^!(*@#^^((&^!@(#*(*(
Sorry, it was empty, I needed to vent a little........

i feel your pain. :oops:

congrats.. im waiting on that email too

Thanks guys for replying.

PS. First thing I did this morning after my couple of acceptances was, I called Maryland to withdraw my file. My patient for that school is over. They are so rude on the phone and never answer any questions other than wait for the mail.

Mubarak ho bohut bohut. 2010 main 2 pakis dentist bunay gain. I got into CASE, waiting for Uconn

Congrats, but I hope NYU didn't accept too many people, they haven't reviewed my application yet. I'll keep my head up and hope a lot of people choose to attend other schools! That way I can sneak in this year :D :) ;)

wow a lot of desi's here hahaha! :rolleyes:
RS

DentistBunaHay said:
Mubarak ho bohut bohut. 2010 main 2 pakis dentist bunay gain. I got into CASE, waiting for Uconn

Hey I am excited. Aapko Acceptance Mubarak Ho!
Hum jarur Dentist Banange. Parantu, Me Pak se nahi Hoon. Me NFAK ka Bahut Bada Fan Hoon. Me subcontinenet se hoo, ab appko pata hoga kaha se.

instead of getting an acceptance from NYU today...I got an interview invite

tomorrows the interview

Members don't see this ad :)
asd said:

tomorrows the interview
Tomorrow?! Are you going for it?

duh? said:

yeah im really interested to see what type of operation they are running over there. And besides, im home on long island right now for winter break and have nothing better to do!!!!

duh? said:

is anyone else still waiting to hear from nyu? like most people i got that 'my file is complete' letter sometime in late august..but since then nothing. i imagine they will still be giving out lots more interviews and/or acceptances...i hope

asd said:
yeah im really interested to see what type of operation they are running over there. And besides, im home on long island right now for winter break and have nothing better to do!!!!

Nice. I thought you were going to have to buy a plane ticket and all that stuff in less than 24 hrs. :D Goodluck! :thumbup:

One more punjabi munda accepted to NYU!! .. I actually had an interview there.!!

One guju guy here still waiting, but at least I got a Columbia interview so hopefully I'll see you lot in NYC!

asd said:

tomorrows the interview

Good LORD... How can they do that to someone?? What if you lived in cali or something.... And worse, what if that was your only interview and you needed the chance to get in to atleast one school.. thats messed up...

rajmahal2004 said:
One guju guy here still waiting, but at least I got a Columbia interview so hopefully I'll see you lot in NYC!

I am gujju myself. Where you from man. I am from Jamnagar. Good luck man. U smoked that DAT. I hope u get in.

rajmahal2004 said:

I had an interview at Columbia too, still waiting for response. I called them and they said that letters have been mailed out.

I received an email saying my application is under review and a decision hasn't been made yet. :(

when did you receive an email? Did you email them? I have heard nothing from NYU. :thumbdown:

Todds2be@work said:
One more punjabi munda accepted to NYU!! .. I actually had an interview there.!!

hey are they mailing out acceptance letters as well? what other ways can we check if we got accepted at nyu? did it show up on adea.org? i hope my email server doesnt think my nyu email is spam and blocks it.

ieutront said:
hey are they mailing out acceptance letters as well? what other ways can we check if we got accepted at nyu? did it show up on adea.org? i hope my email server doesnt think my nyu email is spam and blocks it.

Mine went straight to my bulk mail and it was titled "HAppy December 1st!"

ieutront said:

This is the letter >>

Congratulations! It is my pleasure to inform you that the admissions committee is extending an offer of admissions to you for the class entering in September, 2006. You will receive details in the mail.

Have a wonderful day!

Novella L. Jones
Assistant Dean
Student Affairs and Admissions

<<

So yeah, we'd get details in the mail.

Mustt Mustt said:
I am gujju myself. Where you from man. I am from Jamnagar. Good luck man. U smoked that DAT. I hope u get in.

Parantu yaar, NYU me rakhaa hi kya hai? From what I have heard, NYU sabse kharaab Dental School hai, in the US. Partially because they ahve 250 seats for students per year, whereas others max out at 100. Please explain dost.

P.S. Hoo South Indian choo, pan mane Gujrati thodu thodu aavde.

Translation pls. :)

This thread has officialy been taken over by Desis

Dr. Parm said:
Parantu yaar, NYU me rakhaa hi kya hai? From what I have heard, NYU sabse kharaab Dental School hai, in the US. Partially because they ahve 250 seats for students per year, whereas others max out at 100. Please explain dost.

P.S. Hoo South Indian choo, pan mane Gujrati thodu thodu aavde.

I wil not be going to NYU but was just saying I got into NYU w/o interview so other people would know that NYU does accept w/o interview. Maine bhi suna hai ke NYU bahut kharab hai isi liye to wo meri backup thi. Aap kya Pharmacy me hai??

Bronco said:
This thread has officialy been taken over by Desis

I am surprised with so many desis on SDN. Specifically about them in dentistry because I haven't seen many Desi Dentists around.

Mustt Mustt said:
I am surprised with so many desis on SDN. Specifically about them in dentistry because I haven't seen many Desi Dentists around.

LOL..that's because we follow the money lol. Now everyone knows about the money in dentistry and all the desi doctors are telling their sons and daughters to go into dentistry.

Mustt Mustt said:

hey man, i'm desi too...congrats on your acceptance..do you mind sharing your stats?
I actually have to go for an interview at NYU, it sucks becuase i'm from california :oops:

I have been to NYU three times. One time for an interview. I really liked the school. They renovated two floors and they look excellent. They told us that rest of the clinics will look the same when 2006 class comes in. I also had interview at Columbia. I would prefer NYU over Columbia. You can call me crazy. I hate old buildlings and typical ivy league schools which just try to sell the name, but do not offer anything.

Todds2be@work said:
I have been to NYU three times. One time for an interview. I really liked the school. They renovated two floors and they look excellent. They told us that rest of the clinics will look the same when 2006 class comes in. I also had interview at Columbia. I would prefer NYU over Columbia. You can call me crazy. I hate old buildlings and typical ivy league schools which just try to sell the name, but do not offer anything.

How was the Simlab clinic at NYU? How many seats do they have in there? I felt unimpressed at Columbia when I saw that they only have 3 SimDents for the 1st and 2nd year students..

Sim lab at NYU was HUGEEE with space for everyone.

vaio said:
hey man, i'm desi too...congrats on your acceptance..do you mind sharing your stats?
I actually have to go for an interview at NYU, it sucks becuase i'm from california :oops:

Hey nothing too impressive about my stats. GPA 3.15ish and DAT 21/21/19 and I ahve most of my pre-req from CC. Go figure How I made the cut. I am surprised to tell you the truth.

Mustt Mustt said:
Hey nothing too impressive about my stats. GPA 3.15ish and DAT 21/21/19 and I ahve most of my pre-req from CC. Go figure How I made the cut. I am surprised to tell you the truth.

Hey man, don't be surprized. I think you've worked hard enough to deserve all this. Haven't you?
Now pray for me man so that i get in too :)

drengineer said:
Hey man, don't be surprized. I think you've worked hard enough to deserve all this. Haven't you?
Chin up dude I am sure you will be going to d-school next year!! :thumbup: And by the way Pollock is da man!!!

drengineer said:

You will be fine. DOn't worry. I am sure many got accpted to more than one school meaning lot more January-march acceptances. Good lUck.

cowsgomoo said:
Chin up dude I am sure you will be going to d-school next year!! :thumbup: And by the way Pollock is da man!!!

He was good in first comple of games but then it wasn't that much impressive. I think he is getting little old. His stuff were really good few years ago.

PS. I would have loved IND Vs SA test series than IND vs SL