NYU Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentalindian

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Lets start new thread about Nyu acceptance. Can everybody please post who got acceptance or deferred last year acceptance to this year. This helps to those who are waiting for interview or to know how many seats are left in NYU.

As of I know NYU Interviewed started on Jan 18th.

Members don't see this ad.

The interviews started from 15th of jan...
and i guess nobody has heard anything from NYU yet...

Hi everybody,

I heared that Nyu is sending acceptance in a week. Hope everybody will post their acceptance in this thread.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Everyone,

Lets start new thread about Nyu acceptance. Can everybody please post who got acceptance or deferred last year acceptance to this year. This helps to those who are waiting for interview or to know how many seats are left in NYU.

As of I know NYU Interviewed started on Jan 18th.

I deferred my admission from June 2007 to June 2008.... It looks like they are taking a lot of time to send the acceptance letters this year.. Last year they sent them pretty fast...

My hearty congrats to all those who are going to be accepted at NYUCD for the class starting in June 2008....

Hey Guys!
Dont fret about the acceptences by looking at last year when they were sent out the next day of the interview.I heard they accepted more than the alloted quota 0f 125 seats and had trouble later.So,I guess they'll be taking their own time this time around.

I just call NYU and they told me that they haven't made any decision and have not sent any letters...I was not informed when they plan to send the acceptance/rejection letters...so we will keep on waiting...:oops:

Hello everybody,

Nyu is sending acceptance in mid of march. looks like they are going to send all acceptance at a time because last year they over filled the seats and that caused some issues to them. This time they are very careful in sending the acceptance.

This time Nyu admission commitee is carefully reviewing everything like university from which you graduated + Part 1 scores + Experience + interview

S0 Good luck all those who are waiting for Nyu acceptance.

I do agree.......
Hello everybody,
This time they are very careful in sending the acceptance.

This time Nyu admission commitee is carefully reviewing everything like university from which you graduated + Part 1 scores + Experience + interview

Hey :) where did u get this info? did the NYU people tell u this? have u been accepted yet?
Take care

Orientation - 2nd June 2008
Classes begin - 3rd June 2008

Hey :) where did u get this info? did the NYU people tell u this? have u been accepted yet?
Take care

I got this info from the admissions office at NYUCD ..(212-998-9818 ) Last year also the orientation was on the first Monday of June I suppose...

I had been admitted last year but due to personal reasons I deferred my admisson to this year....

Good Luck...

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much both HYDBDS and Marlboro 27 :) I appreciate your help!.
Congrats HYDBDS! I wish you the best in these 3 tough years ahead! :)

Hey HYDBDS...Can you please tell me what your stats are?? :)

Also I called NYU just now and they said they have already started sending acceptance letters :-(

Good luck to everybody in this forum ,they just stated sending letters today ,lets keep our finger crossed ,hope all of u guys get in.

Hey HYDBDS...Can you please tell me what your stats are?? :)

Also I called NYU just now and they said they have already started sending acceptance letters :-(

Hi,
Thanks for your good wishes...
I was accepted last year....My stats were-

NBDE part-1 = 89 ( old format )
NBDE part-2 = Not taken
ECE GPA = 3.41
TOEFL paper based = 640/677
Experience in home country ( India, Saudi Arabia and Oman ) = 11+ yrs
Experience in US = NIL

Good Luck....

Oh wow!! :) 11 yrsss!!...yeah sure deserve a place in ANY college!!..congrats HYDBDS :)...still praying for a miracle that I can be your classmate :(
Take care :)

hey guys !! all teh best to everyone .. u'll have been waiting for almost 2 months now for the acceptance ! best of luck ! :luck:

For those of you who are going to attend the AP DDS program at NYUCD starting in June 2008 as international students ( those who are outside of the US and who need to apply for F1 or J1 visas )....there is not much time left to complete all the formalities in order to get the visa on time for the class starting on 2nd June... so my advice would be to try and prepare yourself with your financial statement for getting your I-20 from NYU...even if you have not yet got your acceptance letter and admission packet which contains all the details regarding your NYU ID , financial aspects, housing, medicals, laptop requirements etc, try to prepare yourself for the financial statement so that as soon as you get your admission packet, you can send your AFCOE ( Application for Certificate of Eligibility for F1 or J1 status ) immediately to the OISS ( Office for International Students and Scholars, NYU ) and thereby save time..

OISS Location and Office Hours
The OISS is located at the Washington Square campus of New York University. The office is one block south of Washington Square at the corner of LaGuardia Place and West 3rd Street. All correspondence should be addressed as follows:

NYU Office for International Students & Scholars
561 LaGuardia Place
New York NY 10012-1402
Tel. 1.212.998.4720
Fax. 1.212.995.4115
E-mail: [email protected]

Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Walk-In Hours: 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
Nearest Subway: West 4th Street station, A/C/E/F/V/B/D trains, www.mta.info
Map: http://www.nyu.edu/oiss/general/map.htm

You need to show liquid funds at least for the first year of the course..As per the information given in NYU website, we will need to show at least US$ 72,414.00 for the I-20....

If you are planning to bring your spouse and children, add the following amounts -
For spouse - US $ 10,800 and for each child - US $ 5,400

For the proof of liquid funds, you can show by any one or combination of the following methods-
1.For personal funds, a current financial statement , printed on the letterhead and signed by a bank official,
2.For a personal loan, a pre-approval letter confirming amount for which the loan has been approved,
3.For an individual sponsor, the OISS Affidavit of Support plus a bank statement and / or an employer's statement of the individual's earning,
4.For an organizational sponsor, a copy of an award letter from a sponsoring organization specifying the amount of the award, its duration and its terms of renewal,
5.For NYU funding, a copy of an NYU award letter for an NYU scholarship, assistantship or fellowship.

The I-20 processing by OISS takes minimum of 2 weeks....Once you get your I-20, you need to pay your SEVIS fee and then take an appointment at your designated US diplomatic post for your F1 or J1 visa interview...for the interview you will need to take your I-20, SEVIS fee receipt, NYU admission letter and financial documentation...

What is SEVIS and SEVP? What should you know about it?

The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) is designed to help the Department of Homeland Security and Department of State better monitor school and exchange programs and F, M and J category visitors. Exchange visitor and student information is maintained in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). SEVIS is an Internet-based system that maintains accurate and current information on non-immigrant students (F and M visa), exchange visitors (J visa), and their dependents (F-2, M-2, and J-2). SEVIS enables schools and program sponsors to transmit mandatory information and event notifications via the Internet, to the Department of Homeland Security and Department of State (DOS) throughout a student or exchange visitor's stay in the United States. Select SEVIS to go to the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Internet site and learn more.

All student applicants must have a SEVIS generated I-20 issued by an educational institution approved by DHS, which they submit when they are applying for their student visa. The consular officer will need to verify your I-20 record electronically through the SEVIS system in order to process your student visa application. Unless otherwise exempt, participants whose SEVIS I-20 was issued on or after September 1, 2004 must pay a SEVIS I-901 Fee to the Department of Homeland Security for each individual program. The fee may be paid either through a special website, via Western Union, or by mail.See SEVIS-901 Fee or SEVIS for further information on how to pay the fee.

SEVIS FAQs and fee payment options - http://www.ice.gov/sevis/i901/faq4.htm

Go to the following link to get detailed info regarding applying for a student visa-

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1268.html#sevis

Please see if you can get any useful info regarding loans from any of the following links-

http://www.globalslc.com/
http://www.finaid.org/loans/
https://studentloan.citibank.com/s/slcsite/
http://www.internationalstudentloan.com/
http://www.thinkfinancial.com/studen...dent-loans.php
http://www.accessgroup.org/index.htm
http://www.salliemae.com/

The following links are from the NYU website -

Citiassist Global Student Loan for NYU International Students
http://www.nyu.edu/dental/financialservices/pdfs/citiglobalapp.pdf

Citiassist Global Student Loan for NYU Dental Students
http://www.nyu.edu/financial.aid/citiglobaldentalapp.pdf

Comprehensive Access Loan for International students
http://www.accessgroup.org/

Canadian Higher Education Loan Program (CANHELP)
http://www.nyu.edu/www.iefc.com

I think the following three are good options -
Citiassist Global Student Loan for NYU Dental Students from Citi Bank,
Comprehensive Access Loan for International students from Access Group, and Signature Student Loan for international students from Sallie Mae

Housing / Acommodation - You might get some info from the following website - http://www.craigslist.org/

----------------------------------------------------------------

I am stating in brief the process of admission -
1. NYU sends you your acceptance letter...
2. You send to NYU your non refundable deposit to confirm your admission...
3. NYU sends the admission packet which contains all the details including your "N" number using which you create your NYU net ID ..
4. You send your AFCOE along with the required documentation to OISS,NYU...
5. OISS, NYU sends you your I-20...
6. You pay your SEVIS fee...
7. You take your appointment at your designated US diplomatic post for your F1 / J1 visa interview ....

----------------------------------------------------------------

For admission deferral to next academic year -

Last year I had to first pay $ 2500 deposit as soon as I got accepted to confirm the seat and then they asked me to pay an additional $ 1500 deposit to reconfirm the seat for this year...they gave me time until the first Monday of January this year...I sent them the payment in the first week of December last year to be on the safer side...

After paying your initial deposit and confirming your seat for this year, you will get an admission packet from NYU...After that you need to make a formal request for deferral to NYU admissions committe stating that due to personal reasons you will be unable to join this year and hence you are requesting deferral..please do follow up NYU on this request until you get their response ....And once you get their letter giving you permission for deferral you need to pay the additional deposit which they will mention in the letter and then your seat will be confirmed for next year...but even then I suggest that you confirm with the admissions office either in December '08 or January '09 regarding your seat for the class starting in June 2009...

I think there is no deadline to apply for deferral...but I presume it would be better to do it as soon as possible ( as soon as you make up your mind that you want to apply for deferral )...When you make an application for deferral, you can address your formal letter of deferral to Dr.Anthony Palatta, D.D.S., M.A., ( Assitant Dean for Student Affairs and Admissions )

I have written this post based on my knowledge..My intention is to help others who are going to apply for F1 or J1 visa.....I hope that you get some benefit from this post...If there are any mistakes, anyone is welcome to correct me..

If any one wants to add any information please PM me and I will add to this post so that all the info will be available in a single post....

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi ,Thanks HYDBDS, for your very informative effort,ALL THE BEST

Hi,
Iam new to the SDN site....very informative, Iam regrating I never joined before. I had my interview in Jan 08..and got my admission letter today..Iam really gald and happy.....I hope eveyone gets their GOOD NEWS soon (inshallah), because I know for a fact its not fun waiting :p.....and HYDBDS..the info you shared is very very helpful and I guess its all right, its exactly what I have been told also.....Thank You

Hi,
Iam new to the SDN site....very informative, Iam regrating I never joined before. I had my interview in Jan 08..and got my admission letter today..Iam really gald and happy.....I hope eveyone gets their GOOD NEWS soon (inshallah), because I know for a fact its not fun waiting :p.....and HYDBDS..the info you shared is very very helpful and I guess its all right, its exactly what I have been told also.....Thank You
hi najfri.congrats for ur acceptance.i guess u r the first one who got at nyu this year.can u tell ur stats plsssssss.all the best.

when did u apply to NYU Najfri?? and what are ur stats?? :) where are u currently?
congrats once again! :)

Hi Eveyone,

Thank You :)...
Well my stats are as below, i have been pretty persistant in applying to NYU... this was the 2nd time i applied
Part 1: 86 (old way)
Tofel: 109
GPA: 3.78
graduated in 2002
work experience 5 yrs
and I did apply to other schools,which i got my regetion from Boston and UPENN in 2007...
interview in NYU was on 22nd Jan 08...and then looong awaful wait with lots and loads of prayers....
and i just revieved my letter of acceptance...I hope eveyone who is waiting to hear from NYU will be as or more happy as me (inshallah)

Iam in Canada rt now...but I know from the school's admin, that they send letters overseas or across the border over night ...so dont worry iam sure u guys will be getting it soon...:) keep us posted with any more acceptance plz:)

hi congratulations on ur acceptance.:D were u a re applicant.and were u interviewed last year as well.do let us know because lot of us on last years waiting list did not get anything yet.:confused:

Iam a re pplicant but I didnt get an interview last time....

Iam a re pplicant but I didnt get an interview last time....
hi najfri... congatulations for you acceptance... I have a question for you and hydbds.. are they sending the email for the acceptance also.... nobody is at my home for the next 10 days... so how I would come to whether I have been accepted..should I call them...

I got my interview in february. I called NYU today and they told me they started sending letters last friday and tomorrow (friday)they will send other ones.
good luck

:confused::confused:
I got my interview in february. I called NYU today and they told me they started sending letters last friday and tomorrow (friday)they will send other ones.
good luck

I finally received my acceptance today.... i'm soooooooooooo thankful to God... i wish everyone good luck ..... :)

hi najfri... congatulations for you acceptance... I have a question for you and hydbds.. are they sending the email for the acceptance also.... nobody is at my home for the next 10 days... so how I would come to whether I have been accepted..should I call them...

They send the acceptance letters in regular mail ......

They send the acceptance letters in regular mail ......
Thanks for the inforation HYDBDS...Even I called the admission office ... they told me me we don't tell the status on the phone and they haven't sent all the acceptance letters yet... so have to wait I guess...
:cool:

I finally received my acceptance today.... i'm soooooooooooo thankful to God... i wish everyone good luck ..... :)

Congrat rumz !!!
Let me ask you 4 questions:
Where do you live?
When did you have the interview ?
Which kind of mail did they send the letter, priority mial express mail, ups, fedex ??
Did the letter come with the package with all the information we need or just a simple letter ??
Thanks and congratulations again

Rumz, Congratulations, prais the Lord. Pray for us who are waiting.

Congrat rumz !!!
Let me ask you 4 questions:
Where do you live?
When did you have the interview ?
Which kind of mail did they send the letter, priority mial express mail, ups, fedex ??
Did the letter come with the package with all the information we need or just a simple letter ??
Thanks and congratulations again

I'm in long island ny, had my interview on 15th jan, the first batch. i received the letter by regular mail and its just a simple letter .... saying i have to give them $2500 in 4 days ...... wish u best of luck .. :)

I'm in long island ny, had my interview on 15th jan, the first batch. i received the letter by regular mail and its just a simple letter .... saying i have to give them $2500 in 4 days ...... wish u best of luck .. :)

Thanks runz; so if you had the interview on Jan 15, you probably were one of the first 12 to be interviewed.Do you think they are going to be sending the letter following the order f the interviews ?
So 2400 in 4 days, not easy ,right ?:laugh:

the classes started on 4th of june,last year!!!
I got this info from the admissions office at NYUCD ..(212-998-9818 ) Last year also the orientation was on the first Monday of June I suppose...

I had been admitted last year but due to personal reasons I deferred my admisson to this year....

Good Luck...

Hello Everyone, i have been interviewed for newyork dental schol on january 17th,and i got a letter on march 6th stating that iam waitlisted and i have to wait for some time.my scores are part1 -87{new pattern}, toefl -247,gpa -3.32.did any one got the reply from newyork university dental school,can you plz reply me

:confused:
Hello Everyone, i have been interviewed for newyork dental schol on january 17th,and i got a letter on march 6th stating that iam waitlisted and i have to wait for some time.my scores are part1 -87{new pattern}, toefl -247,gpa -3.32.did any one got the reply from newyork university dental school,can you plz reply me

But you have perfect score.
Do you have any idea what they are looking for?
Do you have experience in US? I got my interview in february, and I still waiting for the letter.
:confused::eek:

Dont worry...just wait n hope for best in mean time start with part 2 ,guys any one from jan 31 batch got any response....tensed:confused:

Dont worry...just wait n hope for best in mean time start with part 2 ,guys any one from jan 31 batch got any response....tensed:confused:

Hi diastema:
I am from january 31 st. But still nothing. What about your experience ? are you in the US ??

hi
I am from jan 31st too , n no response yet :( :confused:

hi
I am from jan 31st too , n no response yet :( :confused:

Hi Rose123; I glad to talk with the ones that went the same day to the interview.Where are you from are where do you live ? any experience in the US or as a dentist ?

hi everyone,
i'm new to sdn. got my acceptance letter yesterday. was hoping if anyone has advice on how to score accomodation in NY. i talked to the office abt it and they said that they don't offer on-campus room and board to international students.
i'd also appreciate it if someone could tell me abt what paperwork i should have ready before i recieve the admissions packet. i'm from pakistan so the to-and-fro correspondence would take a bit of time.
cheers!

Congradulations!! :)
Can you please tell me what your stats are? as in what NBDE score? TOEFL and GPA?? and if any experience?? when were u interviewed??

There is a Post above on this page by HYDBDS which is very informative for accepted students...do check it out!
I am also from pakistan but still awaiting an interview call :( what college are you from??
Take care and congrats again!..pls tell me us your stats so all of us waiting get an idea of the people accepted. :)

hi everyone,
i'm new to sdn. got my acceptance letter yesterday. was hoping if anyone has advice on how to score accomodation in NY. i talked to the office abt it and they said that they don't offer on-campus room and board to international students.
i'd also appreciate it if someone could tell me abt what paperwork i should have ready before i recieve the admissions packet. i'm from pakistan so the to-and-fro correspondence would take a bit of time.
cheers!

Hi Everyone,

I applied for NYU in Oct 2007. I attended interview on Feb 14th 2008. I received acceptance letter on 03/07/2008 by regular mail. I was waiting for the confirmation since few weeks. At last I am relieved. :luck:

My credentials:

GPA: 3.7
NBDE Part 1: 88%
TOEFL: 101
Experience: 2 years in India.

SDN was very useful resource and I am very thankful to everyone who shared their experiences. All the Very best to everyone.

hi iam new applicant and i am interviewd on jan 17th,and i am waitlisted,can i know are there any chances of getting admission,can u plz reply me
I deferred my admission from June 2007 to June 2008.... It looks like they are taking a lot of time to send the acceptance letters this year.. Last year they sent them pretty fast...

My hearty congrats to all those who are going to be accepted at NYUCD for the class starting in June 2008....