NYU acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredptjj

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from NYU yet? I had an interview on the 11th. Maybe I'm being too impatient, but the applicants last year received a quick response.

Members don't see this ad.

Give it some more time. I didn't hear until later January last year.

just got the letter from NYU. accepted. but going to miami.

Members don't see this ad :)
just got the letter from NYU. accepted. but going to miami.

Hi, i just got interview for NYU!
Just wondering how your interview went? What should i expect? Did they ask any trick questions?

It was a very comfortable interview. There were no trick questions. You write an essay at the end. You have nothing to worry about. Just answer the questions to the best of your ability and have confidence. Confidence sells!

What is the essay like? Do you answer a specific PT question or is it a "tell about yourself" kind of thing? About how long was is supposed to be?

What is the essay like? Do you answer a specific PT question or is it a "tell about yourself" kind of thing? About how long was is supposed to be?

The essay is not bad at all. I am not sure if they change the topics of the essay for different interview dates, but mine wasn't 'tell about yourself'. I was told by a few people there that the essay is not a big deal. They just want to see if you can 'make sense'. The limit is one page and it shouldn't take you more than 5-10 mins. Really, there is no need to stress out!

Has anyone heard from NYU yet? I had an interview on the 11th. Maybe I'm being too impatient, but the applicants last year received a quick response.

Your interview was on Dec 11th? Did you hear from them yet? If yes, how long did it take?

...Now i'm being impatient :scared:..mine was on Jan 8th and im really anxious to find out!

Anyone else heard from NYU? How long did it take them to respond!

I haven't heard yet. I'm pretty anxious myself. A few of last years applicants didn't find out until early February. I know it's taking longer this year because of PTCAS. I'll post something as soon as I find out!

Your interview was on Dec 11th? Did you hear from them yet? If yes, how long did it take?

...Now i'm being impatient :scared:..mine was on Jan 8th and im really anxious to find out!

Anyone else heard from NYU? How long did it take them to respond!

My interview was on the 8th as well, and I too am getting ridiculously anxious to find out!

My interview was Jan 23rd and I heard back a week later! I was so relieved to hear from them so quickly, after feeling like I totally bombed the whole interview!

Does anyone know if NYU officially waitlists their applicants? My interview was a while ago and my mailbox is still empty....

Did anyone actually get Rejected from NYU already? How long after your interview?

when did you interview? I got my letter about a week after interviewing. Maybe you could try and send an email to them inquiring about the status of your application. Good luck!

I emailed them and this was my response:
Good Afternoon,

We are currently in our busy season. The graduate admissions staff is working hard to process and review applications. We kindly ask that you refrain from contacting us regarding the receipt or the status of your application or any materials that have been sent to our office in support of your application.

Because of the volume of mail we receive at this time of year we are not able to give you an answer regarding receipt or status of application.

Your application/supporting materials will be marked the date it is received in our office. If something is missing from your application, we will send you a letter or an email. We understand this is an anxious time and ask for your patience as we get through the busy season.

So, maybe email's not the best way lol

i'm replying a little late, after thinking i bombed the interview, i got my acceptance a week after my interview, on the 30th (after visiting USC) who i haven't heard from...

i'm gonna assume the worst, but regardless, i sent in my deposit, and i'm really excited for NYU :)