Nyu Advanced Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

su74

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Friends,
I am planning to join the NYU Advanced program. I am interested in General Dentistry.Is doing advanced program help us in joining the IDP? Do they have loans as I am an permanent resident? Is anybody planning to join in 2006? Please post ur suggestions and ideas.

Members don't see this ad.

i am also interested in the program, i am sure u can take loans, i heard it helps with the AP admission. i am curious as to what we will be doing for an year, any one has any more info?

su74 said:
Hello Friends,
I am planning to join the NYU Advanced program. I am interested in General Dentistry.Is doing advanced program help us in joining the IDP? Do they have loans as I am an permanent resident? Is anybody planning to join in 2006? Please post ur suggestions and ideas.
Hi
Did nyu started sending their interview calls. I guess many people here are waiting for their response. Did u already got interviewd and have joined the program?
thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi

If I am not mistaken, you are talking about the Advanced Education Program for foreign dentists. What I am concerned about and what you all should really consider before applying for the same is that they are not accredited by the ADA. They are absolutely tailor made for people who want to go back right after the program.

So please make sure you get this point clear before joining those programs.

BDS-DMD said:
Hi

If I am not mistaken, you are talking about the Advanced Education Program for foreign dentists. What I am concerned about and what you all should really consider before applying for the same is that they are not accredited by the ADA. They are absolutely tailor made for people who want to go back right after the program.

So please make sure you get this point clear before joining those programs.

You are absolutely right. It is not accredited and and very expensive. i think $50,000/year. They are really for those going back to their own country and there is no guarentee of acceptance onto DDS program as this is what my friend told me. However it may be worth a try if you have the money to spend.

Hi,
You are right that it is Advanced Education program for foreign dentists I am talking about. I have been trying to get into some program for last 3 years but to no avail. So, I am considering my option
1. To get into M.P.H. Program
2.To get into preceptorship program but it is expensive. I think they do not have loans and housing.
Friends..........pls give ur suggestions and ideas.