NYU Advanced standing 2017-18

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Perio_1234

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello friends, I have applied to NYU for advanced standing in 2018. I had a few questions
I have a B1/B2 visa status...I have heard that NYU prefers international students with a US citizenship or Permanent resident?
Is this true? Does any of u from your friend circle knows who got into NYU with a good profile and a visitors visa?
Any input is appreciated. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

NYU is an expensive school. Visitors are not eligible for loans and scholarships. So, it is possible that they might have reservations offering seats people without residency.
In any case, if it doesn’t state on their website that they only accept residents, then you shouldn’t worry, but put in your application how you plan to fund your education

NYU is an expensive school. Visitors are not eligible for loans and scholarships. So, it is possible that they might have reservations offering seats people without residency.
In any case, if it doesn’t state on their website that they only accept residents, then you shouldn’t worry, but put in your application how you plan to fund your education
Hi! I thought that even if you’re an international student you could be eligible for private loans, which isn’t the best way to tackle tuition fees...anyway, is it true or not? Also does anyone know how the program is?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I thought that even if you’re an international student you could be eligible for private loans, which isn’t the best way to tackle tuition fees...anyway, is it true or not? Also does anyone know how the program is?
Unfortunately, being a dental student does not give you a preferential treatment by the US banks. Of course, you can apply for a loan, but you will be a high risk client for them and they will demand a US resident cosigner with a good credit history or some security to the loan, something like a house. Would you be able to provide one? There is also a risk of denial for the loan at the last moment. Happened to some people.
In any case try to find the least expensive program

Unfortunately, being a dental student does not give you a preferential treatment by the US banks. Of course, you can apply for a loan, but you will be a high risk client for them and they will demand a US resident cosigner with a good credit history or some security to the loan, something like a house. Would you be able to provide one? There is also a risk of denial for the loan at the last moment. Happened to some people.
In any case try to find the least expensive program
Thanks for all the pointers you’ve given me so far, really appreciate it! Do you know something more about the program?

Hi! Do you know what to expect on the interview? Do they have a case study? And what is asked at the bench test?
Thank you

Hi wonder if anyone receive an interview invite yet? Thank you

thanks very much for your response, did anyone get acceptance? and can share stats and interview experience, this would be greatly appreciated, thanks