NYU/AE Sentiments? (From another thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BioMedResearch

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anonymous said:
I would not choose NYU. As an undergrad there, I have not heard many great things. From my friend who is an MS1 there, I have heard that the dorms are horrid. I actually know one person who was accepted there and I cannot imagine how he got accepted. He is absolutely arrogant and evil! I would never wish him on my worst enemy. As per AE, I did not apply as well, but from my friends who interviewed there, they felt a certain air of prejudice against non-Jewish people and just a weird vibe from the students and faculty.

Anyone else hear/feel this way?

Members don't see this ad.

Just because AE attracts a larger number of Jewish students and faculty than most medical schools does not mean the school is prejudiced against non-Jews. In talking to many (Jewish and non-Jewish) Einstein students, I think this is totally untrue.

NYU:
With a 25min interview, it'd be easy for evil arrogant people to pass the interview if they can keep up the charade. But I think his high numbers probably did more to get him in.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a related problem.

I have to choose between Michigan, NYU and Columbia (if I get in off the waitlist). I have decided to go with Michigan and then switch to Columbia if I get in of the alternate list. I should drop NYU, right? I just think it is kinda chincy compared to Michigan and Columbia. Am I at all offbase?

k-kidmed said:
I have a related problem.

I have to choose between Michigan, NYU and Columbia (if I get in off the waitlist). I have decided to go with Michigan and then switch to Columbia if I get in of the alternate list. I should drop NYU, right? I just think it is kinda chincy compared to Michigan and Columbia. Am I at all offbase?

If you have already decided to go with Michigan over NYU then yes, you should drop NYU. I would choose Michigan over NYU, though NYU is in a better location. It depends on what's important to you.