NYU and BU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amirmoh

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here know the average overall GPA and science GPA, and DAT scores for both of these schools for the CLASS OF 2008? I tried looking for them everywhere and I coudlnt find them. i applied to these schools and i am trying to figure out if i have a chance at either one of them. thanks a lot!

amir

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard from one of the professors who is part of the admissions board at BU that the average GPA for the class of 2008 was around 3.4. The GPA's at all the schools are going up every year.

WildcatDMD said:
I've heard from one of the professors who is part of the admissions board at BU that the average GPA for the class of 2008 was around 3.4. The GPA's at all the schools are going up every year.

3.4????????no way...thats sounds way too high cuz just two years ago the average GPA for BU was 3.1, there is no way it rose that much in 2 years!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Amirmoh said:
3.4????????no way...thats sounds way too high cuz just two years ago the average GPA for BU was 3.1, there is no way it rose that much in 2 years!!!!

i think last years cycle has a gpa of 3.1 i don't know about nyu :eek:

Nendo21 said:
i think last years cycle has a gpa of 3.1 i don't know about nyu :eek:

NYU and BU should have similar stats.

I don't know where you got the 3.1 GPA, but i assure you it is significantly higher than that this year.

hey guys
for all the questions regarding dent school stats, refer to this book-

'American Dental Education Association Official Guide to Dental Schools'. its 35$ but worth it.

and according to that, the avg overall gpa for BU's class entering 2003-2004 was 3.16 and science 3.04

since the adea publishes the book, the information has to be accurate.

Ind201 said:
hey guys
for all the questions regarding dent school stats, refer to this book-

'American Dental Education Association Official Guide to Dental Schools'. its 35$ but worth it.

and according to that, the avg overall gpa for BU's class entering 2003-2004 was 3.16 and science 3.04

since the adea publishes the book, the information has to be accurate.

Yeah, that's the best stats book available. I need to get me one of those so I can update my site... :sleep:

busupshot83 said:
Yeah, that's the best stats book available. I need to get me one of those so I can update my site... :sleep:

busup..we're all waiting for you buddy. i would be happy to chip in a small amount to cover the cost. its a great site...especially for people like me with low 3's GPA. Nice to know we have a chance somewhere..if BU suddenly went up to a 3.4 I'd have a heart attack..not good at all.

pbure said:
busup..we're all waiting for you buddy. i would be happy to chip in a small amount to cover the cost. its a great site...especially for people like me with low 3's GPA. Nice to know we have a chance somewhere..if BU suddenly went up to a 3.4 I'd have a heart attack..not good at all.

Ugh, I'll fork up the cash... it's ok. As long as I can help out other SDNers :).