NYU and BU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iambatman

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here even heard from these two schools yet?

Members don't see this ad.

iambatman said:
Has anyone here even heard from these two schools yet?

AADSAS mailed 7/21

Received letter from NYU that my application is under review.

billermo said:
AADSAS mailed 7/21

Received letter from NYU that my application is under review.

where can you find out the exact date your AADSAS app is mailed?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email from BU asking for $60 and a photo that will "complete" my application and they will start reviewing them on Sept. 15. Haven't heard anything from NYU yet, but my AADSAS apps. weren't printed out until August 18.

Joon1 said:
where can you find out the exact date your AADSAS app is mailed?

Once in the AADSAS main menu, roll over the "status" menu and select "designations". It will show all the schools you applied to and the date "Printout mailed on"

For those who got interviews at BU.. Did BU cash out your checks before sending you interview invite?

did this happen to any of you? I sent the check and my photo approx.2 weeks ago but they havent cashed out my check yet? I will call the skool on monday. Btw i talked to an advisor at BU said that she said the admission committee will look for those students with GPA >3.0 and DAT with AA and Science 19 minimum. She also said that they wont look at the PAT score :) thats good since i got only 15 on PAT

dentalpowers said:
did this happen to any of you? I sent the check and my photo approx.2 weeks ago but they havent cashed out my check yet? I will call the skool on monday. Btw i talked to an advisor at BU said that she said the admission committee will look for those students with GPA >3.0 and DAT with AA and Science 19 minimum. She also said that they wont look at the PAT score :) thats good since i got only 15 on PAT

They won't look at the PAT score? Doesn't make sense.

An AA of 19 is the minimum they will look at? Again, doesn't make sense.

This is a chance for me to check out my avatar and signature by posting this message! Sorry all!

iambatman said:
They won't look at the PAT score? Doesn't make sense.

An AA of 19 is the minimum they will look at? Again, doesn't make sense.

This is a chance for me to check out my avatar and signature by posting this message! Sorry all!

Great job on the avatar. It's really you. Strong yet compassionate. Also, your signature is really nice. I love how it's so simple and to the point. You have a great future in dentistry. :D

Audio said:
Great job on the avatar. It's really you. Strong yet compassionate. Also, your signature is really nice. I love how it's so simple and to the point. You have a great future in dentistry. :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

dentwannabe said:
wait, so do we send BU our picture and application fee first? OR do they contact us for them.

i believe boston want you to wait before you send anything, let me know if i'm wrong.

Audio said:

thanks for your comment, wise guy

Members don't see this ad :)
iambatman said:
thanks for your comment, wise guy

Well, you were the one testing out your avatar and signature. Thought I might support you in your attempt to be stylish. BTW how's it going, any luck?

Audio said:
Audio said:
Well, you were the one testing out your avatar and signature. Thought I might support you in your attempt to be stylish. BTW how's it going, any luck?
ItsGavinC said:
The term troll is a slang term used to describe a number of things, traditionally it refers to a person who posts items intended to incite controversy or conflict.

Trolls = :thumbdown:

Whatever you intentions are, I'm going to stop.

BU cashed my application fee check on Sept. 6. I understand they didn't start looking at applications until the beginning of September, early applicant or not.

Seems like NYU just started looking at the applications. ALL Right! :D

I got an Interview to BU on friday (9/9)... THey sent me an email telling me that they would like me to interview with them on OCT. 21st. In regards to the AA and TS scores being at a minimum of 19 on both, I had a 19 science and an 18AA with 15 and 17 on QR and RC, respectively.

asd said:
I got an Interview to BU on friday (9/9)... THey sent me an email telling me that they would like me to interview with them on OCT. 21st. In regards to the AA and TS scores being at a minimum of 19 on both, I had a 19 science and an 18AA with 15 and 17 on QR and RC, respectively.

What is your GPA?

So from my understanding they cash your check first right?

ramona_k said:
So from my understanding they cash your check first right?

yeah...they cashed it a week before i heard...but that might be different for everyone

asd said:
yeah...they cashed it a week before i heard...but that might be different for everyone

Thanks. So chill people.