Without Wax

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2005
155
1
Status
I am interested in these two schools but I have not heard from them yet.

Do you know when they stop inviting people for interviews?
 

Haybrant

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2004
1,817
307
Status
nyu my friend is done; if you applied late they prob didnt even review your app but thats the way things work i guess; einstein invites pretty late; i was complete mid nov and heard for an interview in mid jan. good luck
 

jdovez

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2003
470
0
NYC
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
Haybrant said:
nyu my friend is done; if you applied late they prob didnt even review your app but thats the way things work i guess; einstein invites pretty late; i was complete mid nov and heard for an interview in mid jan. good luck
Yeah, I think NYU probably got more apps than they anticipated this year now that they are part of AMCAS. This may have influenced the duration of their interview season (perhaps I'm off base, but its possible).
 
About the Ads

Haybrant

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2004
1,817
307
Status
jdovez said:
Yeah, I think NYU probably got more apps than they anticipated this year now that they are part of AMCAS. This may have influenced the duration of their interview season (perhaps I'm off base, but its possible).

yah good point; didnt realize they werent on amcas last years; wondering if the same is true of Columbia; any idea if they are still sending out invites; ihavent heard of a single person getting an invite that applied close to their deadline; wonder what the deal is; maybe the same thing happened with them as with nyu
 

jdovez

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2003
470
0
NYC
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
Haybrant said:
yah good point; didnt realize they werent on amcas last years; wondering if the same is true of Columbia; any idea if they are still sending out invites; ihavent heard of a single person getting an invite that applied close to their deadline; wonder what the deal is; maybe the same thing happened with them as with nyu
Columbia wasn't part of AMCAS last year either? I know NYU has gone through some remodelling since they have changed deans, but I don't know much about Columbia this year (in all my experience that institution as a whole suffers from a severe case of ivy league pretentiousness).
 
5

51487

well they always say to do things early...guess this is a good reason why
 
About the Ads