NYU any one

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gpg

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any one of you in NYU?Will be visiting some time.....just thought I might meet some SNDers in person!

Members don't see this ad.

I will be attending NYU in August. Nice to meet you.

im going to nyu toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm with you guys too :clap:

same here boy's

See you all in August

VancouverDoc2b said:
5 more weeks to go :D

why dont we just set up a meeting place and time/date so we can meet and hang out? im pretty sure most of you will be living in the 26th st residence?

mailfroggys said:
why dont we just set up a meeting place and time/date so we can meet and hang out? im pretty sure most of you will be living in the 26th st residence?
What's up NYU classmates :) We should definitely meet up before orientation. Only 36 more days.

How about we start with introductions first. Everyone post answers to the following question. I'll start

FORMER LOCATION:
WHERE WILL YOU BE LIVING:
HOBBIES:

SEX: M
FORMER LOCATION: Brooklyn
WHERE WILL YOU BE LIVING: I'll still be living in Brooklyn
HOBBIES: working out, clubbing, bar hopping, reading, rap and techno music, long walks on the beach ;)

name:hatem abdelhadi
previous location: long beach, california
hobbies:working out, skateboarding, drinking, partying, sex, drugs, and rocknroll

Hey hatem, you forgot picking up girls on the internet...

FORMER LOCATION: Still currently in Houston
WHERE WILL YOU BE LIVING: probably 26th res
HOBBIES: playing ice hockey (i am Canadian :) ), watching U of H football and basketball, keeping up with the Leafs, Bar hopping, Clubbing, 80's music :D

Great to see all you soon to be NYUers on here and we should all meet up sometime.

Late

Members don't see this ad :)
FORMER LOCATION: Toronto, Canada
WHERE WILL YOU BE LIVING: No f**king clue!!!
HOBBIES: traveling, cartography (I love maps), going out with friends

DarcyT said:
FORMER LOCATION: Still currently in Houston
WHERE WILL YOU BE LIVING: probably 26th res
HOBBIES: playing ice hockey (i am Canadian :) ), watching U of H football and basketball, keeping up with the Leafs, Bar hopping, Clubbing, 80's music :D

Great to see all you soon to be NYUers on here and we should all meet up sometime.

Late

Darcy Tucker is an example of everything that is wrong with the NHL.

Dr.BadVibes said:
Hey hatem, you forgot picking up girls on the internet...
my fault, im sorry.

Bickle said:
Darcy Tucker is an example of everything that is wrong with the NHL.

Darcy Tuckers nickname should be "Nails". This guy is and damn good hockey player. He is tough, strong on his skates and plays with more heart and hustle than any other player out there. You know Bickle when I used to coach High School hockey here in Texas (yes it exists here) I used to look for guys that played with heart and hustle b/c in the end what really decides a game is how much your players want it and how much of their body they are willing to sacrifice to get it. Perfect example this year were the Calgary Flames. Other than a couple of players the rest of the team was a bunch of nobodies, but in the end they just wanted it more than the teams they beat. Anyway back to Tucker the guy played with a swollen face and 2 black eyes during the playoffs this year and did not miss a game or complain. Now thats what I call taking it for the team. Tucker = "Nails" :thumbup: . He reminds me of another old-time Leaf great Wendel Clark. Tucker and Clark both lead by example, when the team is down they will pick it up (big hit or goal) and they are not scared to mix it up with the other teams goon if the time is right. Now thats old-time Hockey. Alright, I think I?ve said enough.

Thanks Bickle for letting me go on my Darcy Tucker Tangent. :)

DarcyT said:
Darcy Tuckers nickname should be "Nails". This guy is and damn good hockey player. He is tough, strong on his skates and plays with more heart and hustle than any other player out there. You know Bickle when I used to coach High School hockey here in Texas (yes it exists here) I used to look for guys that played with heart and hustle b/c in the end what really decides a game is how much your players want it and how much of their body they are willing to sacrifice to get it. Perfect example this year were the Calgary Flames. Other than a couple of players the rest of the team was a bunch of nobodies, but in the end they just wanted it more than the teams they beat. Anyway back to Tucker the guy played with a swollen face and 2 black eyes during the playoffs this year and did not miss a game or complain. Now thats what I call taking it for the team. Tucker = "Nails" :thumbup: . He reminds me of another old-time Leaf great Wendel Clark. Tucker and Clark both lead by example, when the team is down they will pick it up (big hit or goal) and they are not scared to mix it up with the other teams goon if the time is right. Now thats old-time Hockey. Alright, I think I?ve said enough.

Thanks Bickle for letting me go on my Darcy Tucker Tangent. :)

Tucker sucks.

Hi everyone.
did you get your bursar's bill from nyu in the mail? I noticed they said the money is due on august 2nd but some of us won't get our loan money disbursed until the end of august...i wonder how that will work?
well anyways, here's my brief intro-
SEX: F
FORMER LOCATION: Boston area
WHERE YOU'LL BE LIVING: hopefully 26th st
HOBBIES: dancing, working out, going out to bars/clubs, martinis, movies, traveling, music (techno, '80's, rap), reading (mostly non-fiction), drawing, taking long walks

I look forward to meeting you all! :luck:

FORMER LOCATION: Vancouver of course
WHERE WILL YOU BE LIVING: Not quite sure yet, but somewhere on the East Side
HOBBIES: Playing ball, chillaxing with an ice cold Corona and lime watching the game, partying, clubbin, chillin on the beach watchin all the nice A$$ walk by...dont ya just love summer??

As for meeting up with people. How about the Sunday before orientation??

VancouverDoc2b said:
FORMER LOCATION: Vancouver of course
WHERE WILL YOU BE LIVING: Not quite sure yet, but somewhere on the East Side
HOBBIES: Playing ball, chillaxing with an ice cold Corona and lime watching the game, partying, clubbin, chillin on the beach watchin all the nice A$$ walk by...dont ya just love summer??

As for meeting up with people. How about the Sunday before orientation??

Sunday is move-in for us dorms folk. So that might be tough :) Unless its at night.

Lila08 said:
Hi everyone.
did you get your bursar's bill from nyu in the mail? I noticed they said the money is due on august 2nd but some of us won't get our loan money disbursed until the end of august...i wonder how that will work?
I'm a bit confused myself. I thought payment was due at orientation. I guess I'll have to make some calls and straighten it out monday. If anyone knows what's up with the aug 2nd deadline let me us know.

Hey NYUers....i was wondering, did anyone register yet...I did it over TorchTone except the steps weren't exactly like what was listed on that sheet that they sent us in the admissions pakage....anyway, when i checked on the phone it listed a bunch of courses...like "course number D10.1560-enrollled, course number...."

Anyone else?

EHA DDS said:
Hey NYUers....i was wondering, did anyone register yet...I did it over TorchTone except the steps weren't exactly like what was listed on that sheet that they sent us in the admissions pakage....anyway, when i checked on the phone it listed a bunch of courses...like "course number D10.1560-enrollled, course number...."

Anyone else?

EHA,
Man you're like taking over all the SDN threads on NYU and scrubs :). Well anyway, while we were on the subject of registering, I wanted to know if there's anyone here who tried to call TorchTone and register but found out that they had somehow already been registered automatically? This freaked me out, so I'm wondering if it happened to anyone else. Also, guys / gals, if you want to check whether you've gotten into 26th St., click here and scroll down to the semester charges for 26th St. and compare it with what you have been charged under "Current Activity" in the Albert system through the NYUHome page. Oh and here's my info:

FORMER LOCATION: The Dirty South
WHERE WILL YOU BE LIVING: Looks like 26th St. Apts.
HOBBIES: science & technology, cars, working out, reading, swimming, all kinds of music, and I also enjoy titrations

p.s. Just kidding about the titrations.

SEX: F
FORMER LOCATION: LA/Denver
INTERESTS: art,music,cooking,family and friends,travel*
Hoping to find place in chelsea or the east village

I went to the albert system and logged in and couldn't find "current activity" to see what I was charged for my housing. Does anyone know where it is?

Sex:M
Former Location: Raleigh, NC
Living: 26th ST Apt
Hobbies: Guitar, PHish/WSP/DMB, Lifting, Basketball, UNC basketball, Wrightsville Beach, MGD.......see ya in a month

"Hi everyone.
did you get your bursar's bill from nyu in the mail? I noticed they said the money is due on august 2nd but some of us won't get our loan money disbursed until the end of august...i wonder how that will work?"
.......I am wondering the same thing.....Maz

On the Bursar's bill, it should list all your anticipated loans on there as credit, and assuming you turned in all your fees, you shouldnt owe any money. If your total amount due has a CR next to the number it means you have extra credit. At least thats what i interpreted from my bill.

SEX:M
FORMER LOCATION: LA area
WHERE WILL YOU BE LIVING: 26th st most likely
HOBBIES: Travel, Playing tennis, Watching any sports, Listening to music, hanging out with family and friends, Eating, Beer, and the outdoors

Bickle said:
Tucker sucks.

DarcyT is totally right in his analysis about Tucker...the guy always gives 150%.....he is so loved and respected as a player in Toronto, and just like guys like Stevie Thomas, he?ll be cheered on whatever team he plays for....

but you know who sucks...Martin Gelinas...now that is one pathetic player...scores all his 4 career goals at the right time, but thinks he is some sort of superstar? I felt so much joy watching his face when he lost yet another chance at having a cup....HAHHAHA, made me feel so good!

Dr.BadVibes said:
DarcyT is totally right in his analysis about Tucker...the guy always gives 150%.....he is so loved and respected as a player in Toronto, and just like guys like Stevie Thomas, he?ll be cheered on whatever team he plays for....

but you know who sucks...Martin Gelinas...now that is one pathetic player...scores all his 4 career goals at the right time, but thinks he is some sort of superstar? I felt so much joy watching his face when he lost yet another chance at having a cup....HAHHAHA, made me feel so good!

tucker still sucks

SEX:F
FORMER LOCATION:London
WHERE WILL YOU BE LIVING:Jersey city
HOBBIES: Music, dance, travelling and movies

aah_289 said:
EHA,
Man you're like taking over all the SDN threads on NYU and scrubs :). Well anyway, while we were on the subject of registering, I wanted to know if there's anyone here who tried to call TorchTone and register but found out that they had somehow already been registered automatically? This freaked me out, so I'm wondering if it happened to anyone else. Also, guys / gals, if you want to check whether you've gotten into 26th St., click here and scroll down to the semester charges for 26th St. and compare it with what you have been charged under "Current Activity" in the Albert system through the NYUHome page. Oh and here's my info:

FORMER LOCATION: The Dirty South
WHERE WILL YOU BE LIVING: Looks like 26th St. Apts.
HOBBIES: science & technology, cars, working out, reading, swimming, all kinds of music, and I also enjoy titrations

p.s. Just kidding about the titrations.

Don't worry aah_289 the same thing happended to me when I called to register so i called NYU and they said that I had been batch registered and not to worry. :)

DarcyT said:
Don't worry aah_289 the same thing happended to me when I called to register so i called NYU and they said that I had been batch registered and not to worry. :)

Alright cool. I also did a search on SDN and it seems like a few other people had the same thing happen. Worked out nicely then :)

Ok guys, I will be attending NYU this Fall just like yall. I was wondering what you guys have heard/recieved regarding financial aid package, housing (on campus, 26th), and what you guys are doing to prepare for this tough tough coming semester.

:eek:

EconMajor said:
Ok guys, I will be attending NYU this Fall just like yall. I was wondering what you guys have heard/recieved regarding financial aid package, housing (on campus, 26th), and what you guys are doing to prepare for this tough tough coming semester.

:eek:

congrats on you acceptance EconMajor

So far all the financial stuff should be done unless you just got your acceptance :D . The housing stuff will arrive in august, But if you go online and use the Albert system you can find out where your gonna be living :thumbup: . Its the 26 street for me. What am i doing to prepare is studing some anatomy stuff (but not hardcore) :thumbdown: .

Hi all!
I'll be starting NYU this year too!!
SEX:F
FORMER LOCATION: Brooklyn
WHERE WILL YOU BE LIVING: Hopefully somewhere on the East Side
HOBBIES: movies, going out, cooking and just generally relaxing

DarcyT said:
congrats on you acceptance EconMajor

So far all the financial stuff should be done unless you just got your acceptance :D . The housing stuff will arrive in august, But if you go online and use the Albert system you can find out where your gonna be living :thumbup: . Its the 26 street for me. What am i doing to prepare is studing some anatomy stuff (but not hardcore) :thumbdown: .

Hey, where do you click to see where you live? Do you just look at your account summary and it says it as one of the fees? Thanks.

EHA DDS said:
Hey, where do you click to see where you live? Do you just look at your account summary and it says it as one of the fees? Thanks.

Yup thats it, on mine it says something like "E 26th standard" and then the amount per semester.

how bout we all meet sunday, aug 22nd at around 630 to 7pm in the lobby of the 26th street residence? sound good? we can get dinner around that time too..do you guys have aim? find me on sn froggyboob

Vincent Wong..uhm male
San Francisco, Ca

mailfroggys said:
how bout we all meet sunday, aug 22nd at around 630 to 7pm in the lobby of the 26th street residence? sound good? we can get dinner around that time too..do you guys have aim? find me on sn froggyboob

Vincent Wong..uhm male
San Francisco, Ca

Sounds good vincent

except i have never been to 26th street so if you notice some guy wondering about its probably me. When is the official day of class?

DarcyT said:
Sounds good vincent

except i have never been to 26th street so if you notice some guy wondering about its probably me. When is the official day of class?

orientation is 23rd and it usually takes a week..so im guessing the 20th but im not 100% on that..last year orientation was like 2 weeks or something..