NYU Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medical22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am having some trouble filling out the NYU application. I cannot fit all the courses on their list. What should I do? Also, when I print the application, the shaded area also prints. Is there a way to get rid of the grey?

Members don't see this ad.

you can include extra course information pages along iwth your app - or anything else for that matter. as for the gray i didn't have the problem, don't know what to do -- anyone else?

For course information, I just added a few more rows to the table. I figured that would be easier for them to read then to attach additional pages.

Blues

Members don't see this ad :)
blues,

wasn't the file locked? i tried to unlock and it asked for a password. how did you add new cells to that page?

med...i don't know about the grey area. worst comes to worst, get the pdf online and the full version of acrobat. *thanks jot!*

simp

Mine was unprotected. Couldn't you also expand the cells? If not I could send you a blank version of my application. (Just PM Me)

Haha, maybe they protected it after they saw mine? But I haven't submitted mine yet!

Blues

weird...

oh...maybe we're confused.

i could press enter at the end and expand one cell, but it didn't make a new cell with the lines around it. is that what you're talking about?

Sorry if I sound like I'm lost, but I thought Mt. Sinai was NYU. Or is NYU separate and not AMCAS? In other words, what r u all talking about?

Just wanted to clear things up...

they're affiliated somehow but definitely NOT the same medical school. two separate applications. nyu is not with AMCAS...go to their website.

Originally posted by simpleG
they're affiliated somehow but definitely NOT the same medical school. two separate applications. nyu is not with AMCAS...go to their website.

Okay, whew! Thanks!

hey, did anybody include additional information for the admissions committee? what sort of stuff did you send in? they say to "feel free" but i don't know if they're as liberal as columbia on that subject.

Hey guys!
whats with this self-acknowledgement card we are supposed to send in? Where can i get me one? is it just a post-card or something?

Yep, the acknowledgement card is just a little postcard that you address to yourself that they send to you when they receive your app. I requested a paper copy of the app, even though I submitted a copy that I printed out from my computer. The postcard was in the materials they mailed me. They also mail you a spiffy color brochure about NYU. That info's probably on the website too, though it was nice to see as a hard copy. I'm sure you could just make up your own postcard.

Hi Again,

Sorry for the late post, I have been on a plane for the last 6 hours!

My copy of the NYU application is unprotected and I was able to enter new rows. It was originally protected, but I had to unprotect it because the document kept changing my information! I would type my name in only to find out that it was spelled completely wrong.

Blues

Is there a reason why I can't load my photo into the application?

Can someone please tell me how to unprotect the file? I want to add more rows to the course listings.

For extra course work I just downloaded another copy of the courtse work page (2 extra copies in my case) and filled it in. I didn't want to bother with unprotecting.

Can someone please tell me how to unprotect the file? I want to add more rows to the course listings.

I downloaded the MS word version (i think it offers that option on the website) which you can type into. - this is unprotected and you can add more rows into the coursework section. I'm not sure if this all depends on what version on MS word you have. Mine is pretty recent (like the ME edition) but not supernew or anything.
As for the Statistical form, this is a standard PDF file and has only one possible download option. (and is read/print/ only) for this if, you open the file up in Adobe acrobat 5 - you can add text boxes into it which allows you to type directly on the form.

good luck!

Isn't it such a relief they didn't accept apps till August! Now when I submit mine (hopefully soon) - I don;t feel like such a slacker who is way behind everyone else

Originally posted by bludeviled

Isn't it such a relief they didn't accept apps till August! Now when I submit mine (hopefully soon) - I don;t feel like such a slacker who is way behind everyone else

I didn't know that they weren't accepting applications until August, but that's great because I will also try to get mine out soon and it will be early.