NYU Class of 09

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does anyone know if people bring laptops to class during 1st year? I'm trying to figure out what to get.

Members don't see this ad.

Well, its sort of snuck up on me, but I am leaving today and driving to NJ, then into the city and moving in tomorrow. Its exciting and anxiety-filled, all at the same time. See everyone this weekend.

FaytlND said:
Well, its sort of snuck up on me, but I am leaving today and driving to NJ, then into the city and moving in tomorrow. Its exciting and anxiety-filled, all at the same time. See everyone this weekend.

yep, i feel the same. I'll be headed down from Boston on Saturday. I really need to start packing!!! Can't wait to see everyone. Do we need our own dishes/silverware?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow I moved in some stuff today and got a preview of the incoming class. All I can say is wow. It seems like it's a prereq for all the girls to look amazing (can't say much about the guys) - but then again I only saw a small sample and with so many family members there helping with the move-in, I had no idea who was in the class.

hahaha blz!!! FYI...I got this info from a friend going to NYU grad school . apparently there is a bed, bath and beyond special for NYU students on aug 28th from 8-midnight. It's only open for nyu students, and there is free shuttle service and free next day delivery and free prizes.

Also Best Buy sale on Sat. 10% off everything for students. However, sale items and open box are excluded.

Also, ACs are a little hard to come by since its the end of the season. I basically got the last one at Best Buy, which was an open box. There was however an appliance place across the street from it on 23rd between 5th and 6th that had a ton, and were all on sale. Just FYI.

Also something that would have saved a lot of time and frustration, we had a car here, and made the mistake of driving it around to pick up odds and ends. Not a great idea. Its much easier to just take cabs an throw the stuff in the trunk.

blz said:
Wow I moved in some stuff today and got a preview of the incoming class. All I can say is wow. It seems like it's a prereq for all the girls to look amazing (can't say much about the guys) - but then again I only saw a small sample and with so many family members there helping with the move-in, I had no idea who was in the class.

LOL :laugh:

Does anyone know roughly what your chances for acceptance at NYU are post-interview? The USnews data I have indicates that more students were accepted than were interviewed (846 interviewed/943 accepted). I know Columbia has a long waitlist, is NYU similar? Also, is NYU rolling or not? Thanks.

ANGUS

TheMightyAngus said:
Does anyone know roughly what your chances for acceptance at NYU are post-interview? The USnews data I have indicates that more students were accepted than were interviewed (846 interviewed/943 accepted). I know Columbia has a long waitlist, is NYU similar? Also, is NYU rolling or not? Thanks.

ANGUS

As far as I could tell from this thread many of the people that were accepted ended up coming off a very long waitlist. I think this had more to do with the extreme increase in applications last year because of the addition of nyu to amcas. I imagine they may have worked the "bugs" out of the system though (ps I am sure that 943 is a type-0). Good luck. If I remember correctly, it is not rolling either. Good luck.