Nyu Computers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cherryblossom

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
it says that the following are recommended: dell, ibm, or apple

can we get something outside of this (such as hp) or is it best to stick within their recommendations?

Members don't see this ad.

i don't think it matters... as long as it boots windows then you should be fine.

i would personally stick to ibm or apple. IMO, they manufacture the highest quality PC.

jb!:)

It makes absolutely no difference as long as you have over a 1GHz processor given enough ram (I'd say over one gig, even though it says 526 I don't think it's gonna pull it)

Members don't see this ad :)
Nagle Hall, where you take a bunch of your first year classes, does not have a lot of electrical outlets available. So I would suggest getting even getting a secondary battery on those days where you have a lot of lectures. You can get away with just writing down notes, if that's your thing, but my writing's crappy so I needed to type my notes out. I don't know if they're doing this for all the lectures but they have them recorded so you can listen to them later.

Oh and I would not advise buying dell computers a bunch of my classmates bought them through the school since that's what they recommended us to buy and most did not survive the entire 4 years

it says that the following are recommended: dell, ibm, or apple

can we get something outside of this (such as hp) or is it best to stick within their recommendations?

Dont listen to their recommendation. NYU gets a deal with apple, but its not that great. I have an HP which works fine at NYU.