NYU dec 1st acceptances.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kkikkokka

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
during my interview, i remember one of the students told us NYU sends out like 30 acceptances on Dec. 1st...now i think about it, it seems like too little number compare to their class size...does any of you know the truth? i mean sending out 30 acceptances wouldn't even fill up 10% of their class size...
i hope they send out lotz :D

Members don't see this ad.

What is there class size?

like 200 i thought.. they definitely don't have more than 300.

Members don't see this ad :)
during my interview, i remember one of the students told us NYU sends out like 30 acceptances on Dec. 1st...now i think about it, it seems like too little number compare to their class size...does any of you know the truth? i mean sending out 30 acceptances wouldn't even fill up 10% of their class size...
i hope they send out lotz :D

I was interviewed on October, and I asked Admissions Office about the date of notification. I was told that I will hear sometime on mid December since my interview was on late October. They are moving week by week and send acceptance letter based on the day you were interviewed. So it doesn't mean you hear exactly on December 1st. But eventually we all hear from NYU by the end of December.

I was interviewed on October, and I asked Admissions Office about the date of notification. I was told that I will hear sometime on mid December since my interview was on late October. They are moving week by week and send acceptance letter based on the day you were interviewed. So it doesn't mean you hear exactly on December 1st. But eventually we all hear from NYU by the end of December.

oh i see...mine was late October too, so i would probably have to wait more then :) Thank you :luck:

hmmm thats interesting because when I was there (Early oct), they said that everyone who had pre december 1st interviews would hear something around dec 1. I think they mail out the letters on monday, so we would receive them wed or so? But I guess that was just a tour guide, so maybe I'm wrong. But he told us we would either get accepted, rejected, or waitlisted dec. 1ish. :confused:

i just interviewed last week and dr. mejia told us they're trying to get everyone who had pre-dec 1st interviews (including us) to hear back by the end of next week... like by the 3rd or 4th!!!

wow they even send out rejection letter!! :eek::eek::eek:............:scared:

hmmm thats interesting because when I was there (Early oct), they said that everyone who had pre december 1st interviews would hear something around dec 1. I think they mail out the letters on monday, so we would receive them wed or so? But I guess that was just a tour guide, so maybe I'm wrong. But he told us we would either get accepted, rejected, or waitlisted dec. 1ish. :confused:

I am also hoping to hear back from them on Monday, but I am not sure whether I hear from NYU on Monday since they send large number of letters, and we were already told that we should not be worry of we don't get any notice on Dec 1st. I guess the only thing we can do is to wait until we get the response from their side. We'll see...Good luck everyone!

during my interview, i remember one of the students told us NYU sends out like 30 acceptances on Dec. 1st...:D

30 doesn't make any sense. maybe they meant 300. their class size is around 230 and in the second year they accept another 120 or so foreign dentists.

30 doesn't make any sense. maybe they meant 300. their class size is around 230 and in the second year they accept another 120 or so foreign dentists.

right? i thought so too...30 doesn't seem right...:)

yeah, prob more like 300. they accept about 500 so it makes sense that they'd let half of those people know on Dec 1st.

From what I heard during the interview, they accept totaly of 120 students and in the second year they accept another 125 international dentists, so the total class size goes up to 245-250 in the end.

From what I heard during the interview, they accept totaly of 120 students and in the second year they accept another 125 international dentists, so the total class size goes up to 245-250 in the end.

i'm certain that it's 230 first year then around total of 350 from second year on...

i'm certain that it's 230 first year then around total of 350 from second year on...

agree with above. the D1 class is ~230, with another 125 int'l students entering your D2 year.
for US applicants, my guess is ~275-300 acceptances sent out in total, so maybe at least 250 during the month of december. i heard from admissions that if you interviewed pre-Dec 1st, you will have a decision by end of this week.
yikes!
good luck everyone

agree with above. the D1 class is ~230, with another 125 int'l students entering your D2 year.
for US applicants, my guess is ~275-300 acceptances sent out in total, so maybe at least 250 during the month of december. i heard from admissions that if you interviewed pre-Dec 1st, you will have a decision by end of this week.
yikes!
good luck everyone

I agree D1 class is about 230 and int'l is about 120 so the total number is about 350!

i just interviewed last week and dr. mejia told us they're trying to get everyone who had pre-dec 1st interviews (including us) to hear back by the end of next week... like by the 3rd or 4th!!!

Hey AFdentalgirl, I interviewed alongside you :) And yes I'll second that Dr. Mejia did indeed tell us that everybody who interviewed pre-Dec 1 will get sent a letter by like the 3rd or so. But since they obviously told different interview groups different things given the numerous responses on this thread, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what turns out to be true.

My interviewer said I would definitely get one spot.

I interviewed late October and was told to expect something mid to late December

To the guy above me did you have Dr. Joshi?

I interviewed late October and was told to expect something mid to late December

To the guy above me did you have Dr. Joshi?

Did Dr. Mejia tell you that...?