nyu dorms

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jlo26

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering...If I have friends (1 each time) visiting me in NYC could they stay in my dorm at those times? Or do they have a policy that goes against that? Also for dental students, I think we get the dorms on 26th street? Shared bathroom and kitchen, with single rooms including a bed and a desk, am i correct? Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

jlo26 said:
Hey guys, just wondering...If I have friends (1 each time) visiting me in NYC could they stay in my dorm at those times? Or do they have a policy that goes against that? Also for dental students, I think we get the dorms on 26th street? Shared bathroom and kitchen, with single rooms including a bed and a desk, am i correct? Thanks guys!

I think you should ask the people in the dental forum. I don't think pre-dents would know this, unless he or she goes to NYU for undergrad.

hey im not going to dental school at NYU but i was an undergrad at NYU and hopefully i can shed some light on this dorm thing. Yes NYU does have a guest policy. You can always sign people in. But it's usually no more than 6 overnights a month. This includes other NYU people that does not live in that dorm with you. It depends on the building and the guard that day too whether they are strict or not. As for 26th street, yes most med and dental students will be living there. Really nice view, ****ty small apratment (usually a suite with 2 bedrooms, a common room and a bathroom) ....you should check outthe housing website on nyu.edu for more info on this. hope this helps! if you have any more questions about nyu, let me know...

you can have guest at the dorms. pollicy sucks....cant stay more than 3 nights in a row and you cant have more than 3 guests at one time. of course there are ways around it....jus have ur friend sign em in...