Nyu Full!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddschris

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i heard that NYU is 5 spots away from being full!

Members don't see this ad.

thats more than a little hard to believe seeing as their class size is massive and they have later deadlines than most other schools. and i'm not even bothering to question where u would get such private information.

actually they only have 4.62 spots left... did your informant round up?

Members don't see this ad :)
o please..they interview until late april and send out acceptances until july. what a stupid post.

pbure said:
o please..they interview until late april and send out acceptances until july. what a stupid post.
I agree. Especially since I have called NYU several times and they guard their information like Fort Knox for some reason, they dont give out info to anyone.

Almost had a heart attack A** hole :mad:

stay calm..others are right...NYU has one of the biggest class sizes.. I doubt very much that they're full just yet. Besides which ppl who're holding their spots have to pay another deposit come May, and if by that point they've gotten in some place else...well then more spots will become available. So don't freak out, not yet anyway. :)

arash said:
Almost had a heart attack A** hole :mad:

Mysteree said:
stay calm..others are right...NYU has one of the biggest class sizes.. I doubt very much that they're full just yet. Besides which ppl who're holding their spots have to pay another deposit come May, and if by that point they've gotten in some place else...well then more spots will become available. So don't freak out, not yet anyway. :)

I know, its just that I havent heard anything from any of the schools I applied to (except for temple :thumbdown: =>they are full), and I was looking at NYU as a safety school. Anyways thanks.

ddschris said:
i got that information from someone who just did interview with NYU.

http://www.studentdoctor.net/interviewdent/show_entry.asp?ID=2009

y'all can check it out yourselves.

MAN!, I'm as devastated as you guys are!

Ok, now this sucks, but I think their interviewers say that because they want to fill the class ASAP. They know that many applicants will not risk not getting into other schools. And we should remind ourselves that so many students will be declining the NYU offer as they get accepted to other schools. I am saying all of this to keep my own hopes up.

ddschris said:
i got that information from someone who just did interview with NYU.

http://www.studentdoctor.net/interviewdent/show_entry.asp?ID=2009

y'all can check it out yourselves.

MAN!, I'm as devastated as you guys are!

That post seems more like a joke. Doesn't really look like a real review of the school. Take what people say in the feedback section with a grain of salt. Actually... take what people on the internet say with a grain of salt. :smuggrin:

I just called NYU and the lady over the phone was very hesitant in giving out any kind of information as far as what my status with the school is. I tried my best to have her sympathize with me and she pretty much told me to f' off. This behaviour was very different from last week, when the lady I spoke with actually looked over the computer to get me some info. Anyone else having problems getting info over the phone from them? Sorry for the threadjack.

Don't let hope slip just yet..what you're thinking is probably true. There's still time, but I realize that freaking out is also inevitable. This process is quite nerve racking. But hang in there, you'll get in :)

arash said:
Ok, now this sucks, but I think their interviewers say that because they want to fill the class ASAP. They know that many applicants will not risk not getting into other schools. And we should remind ourselves that so many students will be declining the NYU offer as they get accepted to other schools. I am saying all of this to keep my own hopes up.

ajy1013 said:
I just called NYU and the lady over the phone was very hesitant in giving out any kind of information as far as what my status with the school is. I tried my best to have her sympathize with me and she pretty much told me to f' off. This behaviour was very different from last week, when the lady I spoke with actually looked over the computer to get me some info. Anyone else having problems getting info over the phone from them? Sorry for the threadjack.
As i posted above, they are very secretive and dont give out any information for some reason. This is extremely frustrating because you never know where you stand or what your status is. This also causes thread starters to start ridiculous threads saying a certain school is full :rolleyes:

JohnHICP said:
As i posted above, they are very secretive and dont give out any information for some reason. This is extremely frustrating because you never know where you stand or what your status is. This also causes thread starters to start ridiculous threads saying a certain school is full :rolleyes:

why do you feel that you are entitled to information beforehand??

wait for the damn letter, that's how the process works.

phremius said:
why do you feel that you are entitled to information beforehand??

wait for the damn letter, that's how the process works.

I don't mind waiting, but when NYU has become my top choice, I interviewed there, and I suddenly start reading of individuals here getting accepted a week after their interview, it makes me wonder if I may be getting rejected since I haven't heard from them since my interview 2 and a half weeks ago. Guess I just want some closure. The anticipation of receiving either a 'yay' or 'nay' is really killing me.

ajy1013 said:
I don't mind waiting, but when NYU has become my top choice, I interviewed there, and I suddenly start reading of individuals here getting accepted a week after their interview, it makes me wonder if I may be getting rejected since I haven't heard from them since my interview 2 and a half weeks ago. Guess I just want some closure. The anticipation of receiving either a 'yay' or 'nay' is really killing me.

i haven't heard a word from them since i applied in september. you're lucky you got an interview. the rest of us aren't as fortunate. :(

My interview was on Jan 23rd, and if I remember correctly, the head of the admissions told us that the class was about a half full.

Here is one more spot!

I paid the first deposit because NYU was the first school that accepted me.

But last week I got into ucla so I am withdrawing from all the others.

So here comes one more spot for one lucky applicant.

:)

howui3 said:
Here is one more spot!

I paid the first deposit because NYU was the first school that accepted me.

But last week I got into ucla so I am withdrawing from all the others.

So here comes one more spot for one lucky applicant.

:)

I hope my luck hasn't run out then. Congrats on the UCLA acceptance. :thumbup: :thumbup: